Seb Fontaine

andrewthemod_1978

Whats happened to Big Seb these days....I know he does the odd date now & then but no evissa dates for the last few years :(

Had many a good night @ Colours/Type/Cream & Subliminal when the big guy spun:eek:

I was just to the left of that video! Yes, Cream Reunion 3 was soooo good also, TILT were amazing. Can not wait for the next...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just to the left of that video! Yes, Cream Reunion 3 was soooo good also, TILT were amazing. Can not wait for the next... Great line up again! Dave Seaman and Justin Robertson. And Samuel Lamont obvs, who has been nothing short of brilliant across all 3 Cream Reunions

what date is this?

also on seb - he played at the tobacco warehouse on the docks in liverpool last friday. no idea how it went. badly if i had to hazard a guess.

Type at The Cross was always immense. Loved his radio 1 shows too.
Met him in Stansted going to Ibiza one time, really nice bloke.

Sort of related, I saw Tall Paul at Gallery on friday, still played some cracking tunes!

Good to see Tall Paul going at the Gallery.

But it is his night after all, or have locknload bought the brand off him?

am i the only one here that thinks theres still some work to do with this re union. went the first one and john kelly played 'ferry across the mersey'. oh no!!! then the music went off. i understand things like this happen when something new is being created. teething problems they call this... not much old school but the crowd was well up for it even though the tunes were a bit iffy..... didnt go the 2nd cos it was to close to ibiza. went the 3rd one in the courtyard, arrived 11.30 quite busy, great people, very friendly, actually better crowd than the major cream nights at the moment, thought yes this is going to be great but again i thought there wasnt enough older tunes payed. a lot of music i aint heard. only recognised 'summer sun'.. left about 2am..should i of stayed longer, u see i cant stay in clubs until 5am unless its ibiza and thats a lot longer..hahaha .. this night can be so good!! it has all the right attributes and the people organising it seem like their here to create an event worthy of the name...... im not slating this event cos id love to see it continue with a few tweeks... is it me or am i wrong to think a reunion should consist of the old trance tunes...:lol:

am i the only one here that thinks theres still some work to do with this re union. went the first one and john kelly played 'ferry across the mersey'. oh no!!! then the music went off. i understand things like this happen when something new is being created. teething problems they call this... not much old school but the crowd was well up for it even though the tunes were a bit iffy..... didnt go the 2nd cos it was to close to ibiza. went the 3rd one in the courtyard, arrived 11.30 quite busy, great people, very friendly, actually better crowd than the major cream nights at the moment, thought yes this is going to be great but again i thought there wasnt enough older tunes payed. a lot of music i aint heard. only recognised 'summer sun'.. left about 2am..should i of stayed longer, u see i cant stay in clubs until 5am unless its ibiza and thats a lot longer..hahaha .. this night can be so good!! it has all the right attributes and the people organising it seem like their here to create an event worthy of the name...... im not slating this event cos id love to see it continue with a few tweeks... is it me or am i wrong to think a reunion should consist of the old trance tunes...:lol:

without wishing to be offensive mate....if you didn't think that there was enough 'older' tunes played and you only recognised Southern Sun then you don't really know a lot about the music from that era.

lol Southern Sun was the most recent track played all night, in fact probably of all 3 reunions. Going home at 2am doesn't help if you want to hear the likes of Universal Nation and The Prophet. Here's what you may have missed mate.

http://soundcloud.com/samuel-lamont/cream-reunion-sl-mix
http://soundcloud.com/samuel-lamont/samuel-lamont-cream-reunion-2
http://www.mixcloud.com/sambunbury/samuel-lamont-cream-reunion-3-mix-261111/
http://soundcloud.com/tiltofficialuk/mick-park-cream-reunion-dj-set
http://soundcloud.com/oliver-lieb/oliver-lieb-at-cream-reunion

sorry i haven't replied earlier to onemore and samuel. it was christmas and i went the whp boxing night.. so with respect to you both it took me a few days.

@onemore.. thats a bit unfair. i had said i got off early so should i of stayed longer to which samuel has replied 'yes' so do me a favour and dont tell me i dont know about music from this era.. from 1989 i was going to emotions which is on seel street, quadrant park. parties in blackburn, some house in granby street downstairs painted in acid colours and the pivvy. the cream when it was called the academy. the state, club four in widnes. etc....

i could go on but im not.. i just gave my opinion..for all i know you could of been stood next to me at these venues and have an amazing clubbing cv !! im not here to sabotage the night as i said 'i want it to work' we need nights like this in liverpool cos the club nights in liverpool are none existance ... maybe the next one i'll go later in the evening and stay till the end as ive just listened to what samuel put on previously and thats the music you want to hear..

remember you cant be everyones friend but you can be friendly to everyone..:D:D

I may be wrong but i think a mate went to one of them. was at Neighbourhood (or whatever that clubs called now) under the westway in ladbroke grove

How does this place work?

Is it a restaurant with a dance floor?

Basically yes mate. as Mark said its in the old Neighbourhood under the westway.

Erin went a few months ago with one of her pals. Its a set menu thing that you ate on beds then they start playing music. She said it was ok but a bit of a meat market

Back