Sankeys Rejects Justin Bieber

MattKirton

He may be one of the biggest stars on the planet right now but Justin Bieber was left asking, ‘Don't you know who I am?' after he was refused entry to a club in Manchester.Bieber had been performing at the MEN Arena for the UK leg of his worldwide Believe tour when he headed into town to let off some steam, presumably under the assumption he'd be showered with VIP treatment.
But house club Sankeys rejected the 18-year-old hitmaker at the door on Thursday night so as not to tarnish the venue's edgy image.
shuffles on stage and we can't be having that in Sankeys now can we!'But despite the knock-back, Biebs has not been put off by Manchester.
He tweeted in the early hours of Friday morning: ‘MANCHESTER… i like u. doing it again tomorrow. #BELIEVEtour'
Hopefully he'll have better luck in Liverpool, where he is performing on Sunday.

Last edited:
There is hope :) Sankeys is possibly the best remaining 'club type club' in the UK. I have for a long while considered napalm a suitable option for stardom goons who are devoid of talent.

Anyone should be welcome on every dance floor regardless of colour, creed or musical crime (even of that magnitude).

It's all positive publicity for sankeys, their 'hip' fans will be delighted.

Who told the media?

Anyone should be welcome on every dance floor regardless of colour, creed or musical crime (even of that magnitude).

as above.

as long as bieber didnt expect to stroll in and have the place roped off for him and his 'security/hangers on' and he was just mixing in with the crowd, should've been allowed in.

There is hope :) Sankeys is possibly the best remaining 'club type club' in the UK. I have for a long while considered napalm a suitable option for stardom goons who are devoid of talent.

dont go with that.

SUB CLUB in glasgow for starters.

i';ve never been in sankey's but im not hearing glowing reviews from those that have been the last couple years anyway.

as long as bieber didnt expect to stroll in and have the place roped off for him and his 'security/hangers on' and he was just mixing in with the crowd, should've been allowed in.

Which, let's be honest, is the more likely story!

The way i see it is that Bieber and his entourage pulled-up at the club. His guys probably asked for the world - exclusive VIP, special treatment, the works - and Sankeys said no can do. Then after he realised he wouldn't get his demands, probably left for elsewhere, and then they saw the opportunity to stretch the truth a bit.

But "turn him away" - please, do me a favour and pull the other one! Biiiiiiiiiiig PR stunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
sankeys manchester 'reject' people who turn up with tickets for their events as they have oversold, ran by amateurs

Got mixed feelings on this one. Let's not forget Berghain showed Richie Hawtin and his possee the walk of shame. If high-profile Champagne swillers turn up with a possee and a fanfare of trumpets I can quite understand clubs making a stand if they don't want that vibe or the razzamatazz factor dominating an evening.

Maybe he turned up with a small group, I don't know (or care much) ... but right of admission reserved extends to celebs just as much as everyone else so at least they're consistent on that one.

I reckon theyre within their rights to knock back who they want. They do it to all us normal people if and when they choose so I don't see why he should be any different. You can turn upto a club absolutely sober, quiet as a mouse and still be knocked back to the simple phrase ''not tonight lads" which I think is a load of bollocks but hey, it happens and what can you do??me, you or Justin Beiber for that matter. Move on and enjoy your night elsewhere which Im sure he did!!

Bet the SnapBack, bum bag wearing 'cool' kids are loving this one. Not been to sankeys Manchester for a few years now but heard the crowd/vibe has changed.
We flew over a few years ago dressed in normal clothes (jeans and tshirts) and nearly got knocked back because of what we were wearing! It was only because we showed them that we had travelled on a plane to get to the event that they let us in and advised us not to wear similar clothes again if we wanted to get in!?!?

He got turned away from another club in London but because ppl he was with (semi famous) were underage.(will smiths son was only 14 or so!) so kinda fair enough really

sankeys manchester 'reject' people who turn up with tickets for their events as they have oversold, ran by amateurs

Yep, me and my mate got turned away in November when we had tickets. No reason given. One and only time I've never got in a club and I wasn't even in a state and didn't look a state either. Probably just because we are not coked up 18 year old dolly birds. Other mates that did go had a pretty **** time and wouldn't return. Some other mates had the same treatment last month even though they were on the guestlist as a mate was playing.

It's the worst run club I have ever stepped foot in, they totally overfill the place to dangerous levels. Most of the staff have a pretty bad attitude I've found. I can't stand the place, had various rants about my experiences in there before this happened . Never had any issues with any other club I've been to and I go to plenty. Most of my Manc mates feel the same way about the place and won't go there any more. In fact I can't remember the last time I spoke to anybody that likes going there. Which is a shame as I only live about 10 minutes walk away. The old Sankeys was LOADS better.

Yep, me and my mate got turned away in November when we had tickets. No reason given. One and only time I've never got in a club and I wasn't even in a state and didn't look a state either. Probably just because we are not coked up 18 year old dolly birds. Other mates that did go had a pretty **** time and wouldn't return. Some other mates had the same treatment last month even though they were on the guestlist as a mate was playing.

It's the worst run club I have ever stepped foot in, they totally overfill the place to dangerous levels. Most of the staff have a pretty bad attitude I've found. I can't stand the place, had various rants about my experiences in there before this happened . Never had any issues with any other club I've been to and I go to plenty. Most of my Manc mates feel the same way about the place and won't go there any more. In fact I can't remember the last time I spoke to anybody that likes going there. Which is a shame as I only live about 10 minutes walk away. The old Sankeys was LOADS better.

Oh and we did go on to have an amazing night at various house partys :)

talking of manchester clubs.

whats the islington mill like? looks impressive from the website at any rate as a venue/club space.

my mate has got us tickets for A love From Outer Space there in June on the friday, then just going to make the weekend of it and go to parklife as well.

Back