Sands / Bora Bora raids

Boon

Heard on Facebook that Sands and Bora Bora have been raided in the last couple of days, noise restrictions have been put in and a bunch of english lads ended up in the nick?! What's this all about..any truth / news? :x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, was from someone who was putting on a party there (this party)

sands got raided last night so had to close today at 8 and music levels had to be non existant, then bora bora got raided and loads of leeds & manchester people got nicked for various offences.

(party) did happen but music was really really quiet and had to pull the plug at 8 when it started getting busy! and to top it off, Ushuaia wouldnt let us in wearing shorts.

it stems from the cocoon after i think. the amount of people there and the expected antics you'd find at any cocoon after obviously raised a few eyebrows and the cops came down and denounced them...........sands are under scrutiny i guess and playing it steady.

any reports from the wonderland thing??

Last edited by a moderator:
it stems from the cocoon after i think. the amount of people there and the expected antics you'd find at any cocoon after obviously raised a few eyebrows and the cops came down and denounced them...........sands are under scrutiny i guess and playing it steady.

any reports from the wonderland thing??

I was at Sands last year when Sven and his crew showed up....it was pretty crazy. I'm glad the cops didn't show up then because they would have been denouncing a lot of people.

What is the rule / law they use to shut the parties down ? Is it noise or as some countries " a gathering of people " I know you have to shut music down outside @ 12 , but anyone know the exact rules ? eg amplified noise? what about an acoustic guitarist/vocalist ? is it a Db reading ?

Thanks in advance
Tim

also just to make clear. the raid at sands on tuesday (mumu/cocoon) consisted of one undercover dude coming with a piece of yellow paper. the party continued unaware.

it wasn't like this:

images

I was playing at the Wonderland party at Sands, the police did come down and the music had to be brought down to a very low level. This was about 9.30 I think. Could really only hear the music inside the bar but not on the beach or anything.

Back