Sa Trinxa/Es Cavallet beach

framch30

Is Es Cavallet beach a continuation of Salinas? Have been to Salinas before, want to check out Es Cavallet this time but not sure how or the easiest way to get there. Is it a case of getting off the bus at Salinas and walking all the way to Es Cavallet? We'd take a cab if that makes it easier and minimizes walking?

Also is Sa Trinxa a good bit further down than the jockey club?

Looks a fair trek looking at that map. I'm assuming from the distance apart on the map they both have their own parking areas and therefore easy enough for a taxt to drop us at Es Cavallet rather than get dropped off at Salinas and trek to Es Cavallet??

yes es cavallet has its own parking space. it is walkable from salinas, but quite a hike tbh!

sa trinxa is lovely.

I'd do the 2 beaches on different days if you can,,taxi be best to Es Cavallet and theres a really nice beach bar there called El Chiringuito. Although the beaches are next to one another on the coast I dont think you can walk the coast from one to the other, you have to go over the dunes and forest like path which when its hot is a real trek!! You could get the bus to Salinas on another day to cut taxi costs and if you go onto the beach at the Jockey Club entrance and turn left, Sa Trinxa is short walk to the top corner of the beach, and is a lovely place to eat, with more reasonable prices than Jockey Club.

I'd do the 2 beaches on different days if you can,,taxi be best to Es Cavallet and theres a really nice beach bar there called El Chiringuito. Although the beaches are next to one another on the coast I dont think you can walk the coast from one to the other, you have to go over the dunes and forest like path which when its hot is a real trek!! You could get the bus to Salinas on another day to cut taxi costs and if you go onto the beach at the Jockey Club entrance and turn left, Sa Trinxa is short walk to the top corner of the beach, and is a lovely place to eat, with more reasonable prices than Jockey Club.
It's not that bad, if you go in a straight line and don't get lost (and end up at the defence tower!), and there is shade in the woods. Before you go it's probably a good idea to take a copy from google earth and a bottle of water!
Although being a triangular area, you can't go far wrong, and on one side there are lots of lovely coves to discover.

When I'm on the bus, I get off a stop short (the old petrol station thingy shop) and stock up with drinkies and eaties, walk down the main road 300m and take the left to the beach past the salt lakes. Following the beaches and cutting the corner I end up back at the final bus-stop where there is the restaurant, couple of shops and my fave ginger pussy, who was happily alive and well when I last saw it!

Back