Rumors Spreading About Daft Punk at ULTRA 2012

I woke up this morning to 2 facebook statuses regarding Daft Punk playing at Ultra...and was shocked. Upon further investigation Ultra still hasnt released the lineup officially which was due out already. This website however has them listed in the lineup...is there a chance the leaked info is true? Unreal if it is!

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/1199-ultra-music/id/8862176-ultra-music-festival-2012

That rumor went around last year too. And I wouldn't be shocked if they thought it the year before as well. Every time a line up for any festival get posted, everyone immediately starts going "DAFT PUNK!"; hell they did it for the EDM cruise I'm doing early January. People post wishes, and the wishes become rumors.

My guess if that if Daft Punk wanted to perform live other than a quick cameo, you'd see a full blown solo show/tour rather than a festival as they could easily fill it. But they haven't had the urge to do that since 2007.

That's exactly what I'm saying but someone who pays for a subscription on Songkick told me the website was actually fairly reliable and legit...so that's why I started questioning it.

Now I may be wrong, but I think I read/watched an article/video somewhere about Creamfields. The guy who organises Creamfields said that every year they have been contacting Daft Punk's management and since 2007 have been told that they won't be touring for the next few years. However in 2011, along with getting the same response they said that they couldn't comment for the next couple of years. However, with 2012 fast approaching, I couln't see anything happening in early 2012.

Secondly, on Daft Punk's my space page, there is now a demand it icon, which when clicked you can say where you would like them to play.

Moral of the story; its about time they start touring again!!!!!

Back