Rugby 6 Nations

Jonny68

Well we beat Italy but made hard work of it and will have to improve for France next week who easily beat Scotland today,and are worthy favourites to win it, shocker yesterday when Wales beat England:eek::lol:

So France would be IMO favourites to win it but i think if we play to the best of our ability we will run them close, next weeks game will tell a lot;)

;),bienvenue en France,welcome in France for next week..it will be another story against Ireland,Scotland had an ugly game today...

No no & no again.

From a British point of view, I hope to god that Ireland get trounced.

Why? To kill the notion dead in the water that O’Sulliven should lead the lions.

There is either a shocking lack of depth in the Irish squad, or he has no imagination re selection.

How can he stick with the same, tired, 10 year old team that failed in the world cup?

France will stick 25 point at least on them.

On the other hand, Wales will win the grand slam. Genuine exciting players J

No no & no again.

Why? To kill the notion dead in the water that O’Sulliven should lead the lions.

There is either a shocking lack of depth in the Irish squad, or he has no imagination re selection.

How can he stick with the same, tired, 10 year old team that failed in the world cup?

France will certainly not win by 25 points against us..and Eddie O Sullivan is a good manager and ive every confidence he'll have us back on track soon.

No no & no again.

I think that you should maybe wake up and see that Irelands "tired, 10 year old" team happens to be one of the potentially best sides in the tournament with some of the best and most experienced players in the world. Why change a perfectly good line up? The addition of eoin reddan just goes to shows that Eddie O'Sullivan is not scared to make bold choices when choosing the staring 15. If Ireland play their game properly and well, they stand a very good chance of winning the 6 nations. France will be their biggest test.

Wales on the other hand I'm afraid to say stand much smaller chance of winning. You cannot deny that at times they played good rugby and they deserved to win their match against england, however the result was very much down to the fact that england did not play well at all in the second half, allowing wales to not only come back from a 10 point defisit but then to win the match by 7 points. Wales have a long way to go before winning the six nations and I doubt that it will happen this year.

I think this year is still open to anyone as all sides are quiet equally matched for ability and skill. The winner of the 6 Nations will be the team determined enough to play their own game throughout the tournament. My guess is France or Ireland. Probably France... AGain :(

; team happens to be one of the potentially best sides in the tournament with some of the best and most experienced players in the world. Why change a perfectly good line up?

Because it was walloped in the World Cup. It has had its chance. The same names have been picked for years and years now - Murphy was my fave player when I was in school - i'm now nearly 30!

There are no suprises left in the side. If dropping mr sideways himself, Pete Stringer defines bold selection then I'm Ian McGeechan.

Watch this space!

tut tut win by 25 points indeed,foolish foolish comments :oops::lol: a gallant performance from Ireland in the second half, great comeback but sadly not enough to win it, given another 2 minutes im convinced Ireland would've won, we were all over the French in the second half.

This is far from over and Ireland will be there or thereabouts at the death.

Eire abu8)

Last edited by a moderator:
pffff.......very closed to loose this game...our scrum was awful in the second part...:spank:but Vincent Clerc is a genius..

tut tut win by 25 points indeed,foolish foolish comments :oops::lol: a gallant performance from Ireland in the second half, great comeback but sadly not enough to win it, given another 2 minutes im convinced Ireland would've won, we were all over the French in the second half.

This is far from over and Ireland will be there or thereabouts at the death.

Eire abu8)

Mortified. Have eaten here at my desk for lunch. You have not played like the second half for a couple of years. Helped no end by bonkers subs, however to get it together like that takes a mental resillience that England certainly do not have. Well done.

From our end, though the subbing of Hook was a tactical master stroke.

Tomorrow the big one, :lol: Ireland v Wales (im 30% of getting a ticket haven't given up hope yet)so a big cead mile failte to our Welsh friends over here for the game( who will no doubt score with various pissed drunk Dublin birds over the weekend )but ANYWAY :lol: i actually think we'll win tomorrow but it'll be close, and then we'll finish the job next week by beating England:twisted::twisted: to win 6 Nations again.

Come on you boys in Green.8)

lets get this straight

The 6 nations is wales' to throw away!!

France have a "ranieri" as coach so thats blown it for them.

Only if Wales shag up will england nip in there and grab it!!!

notice I dont mention the sweaties or ireland!!

would love to see italy step up though!!!

lets get this straight

The 6 nations is wales' to throw away!!

France have a "ranieri" as coach so thats blown it for them.

Only if Wales shag up will england nip in there and grab it!!!

notice I dont mention the sweaties or ireland!!

would love to see italy step up though!!!

This is what I'm praying for - and Ireland are the angels who are going to make it happen, I hope.

If Ireland can build on their performance against Scotland the other week, then I think they have a strong chance of putting the St Tropez-ed one and his team mates back in their box. O'Gara and the Irish lineout are going to be crucial, I think.

Plus they've got the Croke Park atmosphere behind them.

Come on you Irish!!

It's just a pity we don't get to play England on Paddy's Day and it's right down to the wire and we come from behind to win it at the death :twisted::twisted::lol::lol: now that would be amazing but never mind we'll do the business tomorrow then next Saturday.

Eire Abu 8)

Back