Review of Ibiza - Questions/Answers

D

Don Powell

Hello everyone. Here is my review of my time in Ibiza along with answers to your frequent questions:

1) Space - If you plan on getting there by 10AM on Sunday to get the 15euro price with the flyers (pick one up on Saturday, they are everywhere - just look around), be there by 9:30. There is quite a queue that forms around then to get the low price and if you get there later than 9:30, you might not make it in by 10.

2) Space #2 - DO NOT, DO NOT do anything illegal (i.e. pass around stuff) out in the open. I saw 2 people have stuff taken out of their hands and get tossed out. It was their own fault of course, but the staff takes this seriously. If you are lucky, they will simply take it and warn you. If you are unlucky, you get thrown out. If you are REALLY unlucky, they give you a ride in the police car.

3) Pacha - REALLY expensive this year. 8 Euro for water, 10 for beer and soft drinks, 15 for mixed drinks !!! And about 40-50 euro to get in, depending on the night. Good place, though. Lots of fun, especially on Fridays (MOS night).

4) Buy your tickets at the bars in Ibiza town or San An, NOT at the door. It is always cheaper to do this. I got 8 euro discount for Amnesia and 5 euro discount for Pacha. You might get lucky with a free pass, but don't bet on it.

5) Dress code - Forget all the nonsense and babble you have heard in this forum about a dress code. There basically is not one. For guys, you probably want to avoid the shorts at night, but if you really want to wear them, then go for it. Pacha is a bit more well dressed than the others, but it is very casual. Trainers are fine everywhere, and at Space - ANYTHING goes. Just be comfortable and DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE DRESS CODE. NOT an issue in Ibiza.

6) Partying with others - There are those out there that want to party with others, but there are also those that just want to chill with their own group. As far as meeting women there for you guys, it is probably just like it is back home. This means, don't count on it. Could happen, but there isn't alot of it going on. Just people partying to the music and the whole scene. It ain't MTV spring break, but that is a good thing.

7) Money - Euros are the currency. I would recommend only taking about 100 euro for your first day to cover taxis, food, drink until you get settled. Then use the cash machines, as they usually charge little or no commission. The currency exchange places are rip offs.

8) Food - Go to nicer places to get good food. The beachside places and fast food are ok, but can be marginal as well.

9) Bora Bora - contrary to what I thought, it is NOT a place where people dance. It is just a beach bar with sun, nice things to look at and drinks. It was a bit disappointing after the rocking great time we had at Space. So I would recommend to stay at Space as long as you want to and are able to.

10) Finally, go to the Sa Penya section of Ibiza town and walk around. It is very interesting and you will find everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) you want there. The closer you get to the Dalt Vila walls, the seedier it gets. Which may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you are looking for.

Hope this helps and let me know if any other questions....

hey,

nice review and great answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on this site.

Don Powell said:
9) Bora Bora - contrary to what I thought, it is NOT a place where people dance.

good review but have to disagree with this unless i imagined the whole thing :eek:

maybe you were there at the wrong moments

RE: Bora Bora, I was there from 3 to 5 on Sunday afternoon 14 July. And swimming in the water is not dancing. Before 3, everyone was at Space, so maybe later than 5.........???????

bora bora plays chill during the day, gets interesting about 3pm and music gets turned up and starts kicking about 5 till 12 this is from numerous visits so dont take the review as gospel

Don Powell said:
RE: Bora Bora, I was there from 3 to 5 on Sunday afternoon 14 July. And swimming in the water is not dancing. Before 3, everyone was at Space, so maybe later than 5.........???????

Sunday afternoon everybody who likes to dance will be most likely still in Space...

Best moment @Bora Bora is probably right after the Carry On @Space.... (don't know an exact time 8) 8) probably round 3 - 4 when Carry On closes...)
Everybody goes en masse to Bora Bora to dance untill it get's Dark Again...

see you there :D

grtz,
l

Back