Returning to the island after 15 years..

afrosarah

Hey everyone, it’s been 16 years since I posted here! Can’t believe my username and password still worked, lucky guess!

I used to visit Ibiza a lot, and spent a couple of seasons working there. I was a regular on Ibiza HQ forum if anyone remembers that!?

I’ve been getting the bug to return to the island, probably travelling alone (as a 40 something female) but I’m worried that it will feel too different and I’ll be one of those old “it wasn’t like this in my day!” types 😂
I used to go to DC10 circo loco, KM5, Bora Bora, Space, Ancient people.. and I’d love to find this kind of vibe again.. I don’t want fancy beach clubs with champagne bottles and sparklers!!

Any recommendations on where to stay, where to party, where do the more mature crowd hang out these days?
Or, shall I just keep Ibiza in my memories and go to Centre Parcs instead? 😂

well...welcome back!

my advice would be: definitely come back, but try not to compare with your old memories. the island is still amazing and you've still got fantastic parties, but if you try to recreate the early 2000 vibes it's likely you will get disappointed - just being honest there (not least because us humans are nostalgic per default and thus often think 'it's not as good as it used to be').

circoloco is still very good musically, the club and its crowd has changed massively since your last visit - but I'd still recommend going. space has turned into hï and is definitely different nowadays. bora bora still exists (but this one really had its heyday when you were there last).

things to look out for you: pikes, akasha (las dalias indoor club), the new venue OUT in the bay (opens soon), underground. plus you may very well still go to some of the big clubs to check them out.

Hey everyone, it’s been 16 years since I posted here! Can’t believe my username and password still worked, lucky guess!

I used to visit Ibiza a lot, and spent a couple of seasons working there. I was a regular on Ibiza HQ forum if anyone remembers that!?

I’ve been getting the bug to return to the island, probably travelling alone (as a 40 something female) but I’m worried that it will feel too different and I’ll be one of those old “it wasn’t like this in my day!” types 😂
I used to go to DC10 circo loco, KM5, Bora Bora, Space, Ancient people.. and I’d love to find this kind of vibe again.. I don’t want fancy beach clubs with champagne bottles and sparklers!!

Any recommendations on where to stay, where to party, where do the more mature crowd hang out these days?
Or, shall I just keep Ibiza in my memories and go to Centre Parcs instead? 😂

Check out S/A/M and DJ Dribbler. they're ace and very down to earth. Also stuff going on at Malanga, Lolas and Paradise Lost.

You will love it! I am 40 plus and I always go ibiza on my own!

I never used to go dc10 back in the day! But I love it now, great djs playing and great atmosphere

I always go to the main clubs and pretend I am young 🤣

Saw a lot of people over 40 in Ibiza. The crowd isnt so young , escecially out of the season.

well...welcome back!

my advice would be: definitely come back, but try not to compare with your old memories. the island is still amazing and you've still got fantastic parties, but if you try to recreate the early 2000 vibes it's likely you will get disappointed - just being honest there (not least because us humans are nostalgic per default and thus often think 'it's not as good as it used to be').

circoloco is still very good musically, the club and its crowd has changed massively since your last visit - but I'd still recommend going. space has turned into hï and is definitely different nowadays. bora bora still exists (but this one really had its heyday when you were there last).

things to look out for you: pikes, akasha (las dalias indoor club), the new venue OUT in the bay (opens soon), underground. plus you may very well still go to some of the big clubs to check them out.
Thanks for this, really appreciate it!
Interesting that Pikes is an option!

I’m not really bothered about feeling old, just don’t want to be disappointed!

Trust me you won't be disappointed. Taking my mrs for her first time in July, i've told her I can't tell her how good it is in Ibiza because it will be better than whatever I say

Trust me you won't be disappointed. Taking my mrs for her first time in July, i've told her I can't tell her how good it is in Ibiza because it will be better than whatever I say
If it was my first time I’m sure I’d love it! But I know I’m going to be searching for the good old days!

Back