Residentadvisor DJ Poll 2011

kimajy

Results are in :

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1252

Proof positive that RA is the last proper refuge for a kindertrance and SHM/Guetta-pop free music world ! Although the Visionquest/Crosstown/Hot Creations mafia have clearly taken their place at the more 'commercial' end of deep... and no surprises the ubiquitous Jamie Jones has won the popularity contest - however spent-out he seemed by the end of the Summer season.

Surprised Subb-an, Speedy J & Joseph Capriati are so far down the list.. guess there are just too many others pushing themselves out there more successfully.

Jamie Jones has had a big year. I think that poll is a lot more representative that the polls seen in the main mags (of the people that appreciate real house music).

Where's David Guetta tho :twisted:

Jamie Jones has had a big year. I think that poll is a lot more representative that the polls seen in the main mags (of the people that appreciate real house music).

Where's David Guetta tho :twisted:

Or any of the Trance DJs? :lol:

Anyway, I don't go on RA much, is it more dedicated to non commercial house than other genres?

jamie jones...a very fashionable choice...but not best dj for my money.

RA still the best poll going though.

Or any of the Trance DJs? :lol:

Anyway, I don't go on RA much, is it more dedicated to non commercial house than other genres?

House, Deep house, tech-house, nu-disco & techno as well as D&B and other non-commercial stuff. The most respectable resource overall :)lol:) for UK/Europe .. imo .. - though Germany & UK are better covered than some other countries which have a more insular/domestic scene. It's not everything but it's a very valuable and respectable outfit !

It's just a popularity contest of RA members' top 5 of the year - not an industry mutual masturbation session as most are..

Whoever's flavour of the year with the voting demographic gets the top spots - and unsurprisingly the most punishing tour schedules get some of the highest rankings, mainly through exposure. Not to be taken too seriously !!

Jamie Who?

:lol:. Got your tickets for Creche on boxing day yet, Robder ? Gonna be none on the door this year apparently.

Last time I aw Jamie Jones plays earlier this year he was totally smashed and couldn't even mix properly.

I wouldn't even put him in my top 5 if I bothered with these popularity contests.

Best DJ I saw thi syear is at #94

Germany & UK are better covered than some other countries which have a more insular/domestic scene.
True... Russia not covered at all aside from the lovely Nina Kraviz (surprised how high she ranked!). Not that the top DJs here get any love from any other lists.

Last time I aw Jamie Jones plays earlier this year he was totally smashed and couldn't even mix properly.

I wouldn't even put him in my top 5 if I bothered with these popularity contests.

Best DJ I saw thi syear is at #94

She gets around a bit too .. and they love her at Panorama Bar ! Agree re Jamie - too many gigs + all that this entails = less than impressive performance on the decks :!: I certainly wouldn't bote for him. But could many people even tell by then ? His catchy remixes 'stuck' and no doubt helped shunt him up the stakes as a name most people could at least remember.

More interested in these lists for highlighting names I haven't really bothered/had time to look into properly, especially down the rankings and in genres I don't focus on so much. Too much to take in and too little time to go out means a lot of good talent gets passed over. At least there are a load of 'relevant' people on there - to me anyway.

Nina Kraviz (surprised how high she ranked!).

East London appearances certainly help I reckon ;) .. and she's idolized in France (those looks do help).. by the Guetta rebels anyhow :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back