Renting a villa away from it all, safe taxi numbers?

HaydD

Don't want the risk of hiring a dodgy taxi and them realising we are all holidaymakers renting a villa and getting robbed

Does anyone have any reliable sources for taxis that theyve used to come to villas?

Thanks

this very much depends on how remote your villa is located and how good or bad the road or dirt track to the villa is. I've had friends that rented a villa with a very poor driveway and the taxis refused to drive up all the way so they always had to walk the last bit. also if you call a taxi to get picked up from the house and say it's villa 'can so and so' you can bet they won't have an idea where to go so you need to tell them a place of reference they do know.

honestly, if you rent a villa, get rental cars and rotate on the 'stay sober and drive' duty job, unless you have a villa that's easy to reach for taxis.

yeah its right on the main road by the san jordi supermarket and it has a proper road, its next to a busy road, just more concerned over safety of which taxi companies to use and which ones we can ring, any help would be appreciated

alright these are the official taxi numbers:

971 800 080 - san josé district. this includes playa d'en bossa, san jordi, airport, all the way from salinas through the whole south until cala bassa and I think even to port d'es torrent...then san an bay is san antonio number I think.

971 398 483 - ibiza town. includes figueretas.

971 333 333 - santa eularia. starts from jesus and talamanca onwards and goes up the east coast, I think including es canar.

I don't have the san antonio, san joan and san miguel numbers as I never really use them.

Back