Release blow for drug smuggling teens

I-Spy

Two British teenagers who expected to be freed from jail in Ghana are being made to serve three more months. Yasemin Vatansever and Yatunde Diya, both 17 and from north London, were given year-long sentences by a court in Accra after their arrests last July for drug smuggling.

Wow...were they lucky only to be given 1 year sentences.
My ex's cousin and his friend got caught at Heathrow with a similar amount of coke ( 7kg ) and first offence. They got 14 years.
In Bali they would have got 30 years minimum or if 18 executed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep they got off lightly, these bigger boys told us to carry a laptop back from africa my arse!

young and naive me arse also!

if you havent got a porsche by 16 you've failed in todays gang culture (i'm told)!

You watch now....
Guarentee a lot of kids will see this and think...only a year, that's worth the risk.
Then they will get caught somewhere where they are not as leinient and get banged up for 40 years.
Bali have 6 Aussies in similar predicament, but with a K of smack, and it's almost sure that they are going to shoot two of them.
Also serving a 25 year sentence is a 17 year old Aussie girl with a few kilos of grass in a boogie board bag.
Guarentee also that it's not a youth detention centre.

While we are on the subject...I also had another friend who died when he thought that swallowing 10 condoms full of bugle was the answer to all his financial problems.

Sad but true.

We had to tell his mother...not a phone call anybody likes to make.

Back