redbull STRATOS jump countdown ...

That was sooooo far out!

What a sight. I was trippin when it looked like he was going outta control!

Bravo Felix bravo! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing sight, not sure why we needed to see it mind :lol:
I thought he was a goner when he started spinning out :eek: Glad he made it though, especially for his loved ones. Very brave(or stupid) man though I wouldn't jump out of a plane let alone 127 thousand feet into the sky! He gets my respect :)

The scenes just before he jamped gave me vertigo just watchig it on my laptop! The guy is a legend , i dont think you could pay me any amount of money to do that!

The scenes just before he jumped gave me vertigo just watching it on my laptop! The guy is a legend , i don't think you could pay me any amount of money to do that!

Total respect to the guy. I can hardly imagine what went through his head jumping out of that thing up there. It's hard enough exiting a regular plane mentally.

Did wonder whether he might have lost consciousness temporarily during the first part - last time I jumped from a regular plane (about June time in Empuriabrava) got the fright of my life on the descent .. was OK in the freefall (I think) but during the parachute phase was getting terrible blackout feelings and altitude sickness effects - could hardly focus at all coupled with the feeling you get if you catch yourself drifting off at the wheel. Couldn't help but wonder if he'd suffered anything like that on the way down !

1350238257750.gif

Total respect to the guy. I can hardly imagine what went through his head jumping out of that thing up there. It's hard enough exiting a regular plane mentally.

Did wonder whether he might have lost consciousness temporarily during the first part - last time I jumped from a regular plane (about June time in Empuriabrava) got the fright of my life on the descent .. was OK in the freefall (I think) but during the parachute phase was getting terrible blackout feelings and altitude sickness effects - could hardly focus at all coupled with the feeling you get if you catch yourself drifting off at the wheel. Couldn't help but wonder if he'd suffered anything like that on the way down !

When he was in a spin and managed to control it eventually the first thing he said was he thought he was going to pass out from it. Imagine how strong mentally he must be to control that knowing it will kill him if he doesn't sort it before passing out its incredible :lol:

apparently he had a backup parachute that would have opened if he was still travelling beyond a certain speed at a certain altitude or something ie he had passed out and hadnt opened his main chute

apparently he had a backup parachute that would have opened if he was still travelling beyond a certain speed at a certain altitude or something ie he had passed out and hadnt opened his main chute

If you hit the ground unconscious then parachute or not your chances are not good !

Just jump and shut up, Felix:spank:

Daredevil skydiver Felix Baumgartner opts for 'moderate dictatorship'

VIENNA — Felix Baumgartner, the Austrian parachutist who broke the sound barrier by jumping to earth from the stratosphere said in an interview published Sunday he backed the idea of a dictatorship, though a moderate one.

He told Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung that such a dictatorship should be "led by experienced personalities coming from the private (sector of the) economy" to solve present social and economic problems.

Back