recruitment fayre 2012.

suepink

Well folks its that time of year again, all the employers are looking for their seasonal staff and the Pink Panther, san antonio bay. is holding their annual recruitment fayre. MONDAY 30TH APRIL FROM 2PM TO 4PM.

This is a great opportunity to chat and arrange interviews with many of the business owners and employers on the island, to find out information on NIE, apartments, arrange sharing, get lots of tips and advice on living and working in ibiza.Last year over 200 job vacancies were filled.
Already we have listed vacancies for security staff, shot girls, bar staff and cocktail flairers, parade girls, chefs, ticket sellers and promotional staff, hair dressers, waitresses , beauticians.

Some jobs are to start 1st may and other jobs throughout may into june. its worth booking a cheap return with www.skyscanner.net just for a few days to secure nie,apartment and jobs , even if you cant start until june.

Always remember if you are planning to work for a season you need enough money to pay 1 monthes rent and 1 monthes deposit on a flat working on the assumption it will cost you around 300 eu per month per person if sharing plus at least 1 monthes spending money for food and drinks etc., has most jobs are paid at the end of 1 month. I would suggest at least 1000 euros, more if you can. always get your european medical card before you fly and think about an annual insurance policy www.insureandgo.com do some great backpackers policies.:D if you need any help just pm me .
sue .... pink panther

hi sue how are you?

just a quick one. im looking to work in ibiza for the summer and cant wait, is ur recruitment day in ibiza i take it and do i need a nie?
thanks alot.
have a good one
charlie

yes charlie

The recruitment day is held at the PINK PANTHER, yes a nie number is equivalent to a national insurance number and everyone who works in spain legally needs one.. can be applied for at the spanish consulate in uk or from the main ploice station in Ibiza town. I can give help with filling forms in and translation at the fayre or before xx direct flights in april are with ryanair from many different airports.

Great advice on the initial post sue regarding money and how much to have as backup.... I've seen a lot of people fall down on that by just turning up and expecting to be earning straight away and not having any kind of financial fall back just in case it all goes pear shaped. Boring I know but still worthwhile! :)

Hi Sue! I will definately be at the recruitment day! Just wondering though...I really want a job as a waiter but you only list 'waitress' as a positions. How come? :p

chance

Of course there is a chance... with no information about you or the type of work you are looking for its very hard to answer.... but the clubs tend to recruit at the end of may.

retail work

Hi Sue

Is there much call for fashion retail workers? I do speak a bit of Spanish, I guess that would have to be a requirement?

Thanks, L :)

yes

there is those kind of jobs around, but i have not heard of any at the recruitment day so far, probably a case of going in the shops and asking xx:D

Well folks its that time of year again, all the employers are looking for their seasonal staff and the Pink Panther, san antonio bay. is holding their annual recruitment fayre. MONDAY 30TH APRIL FROM 2PM TO 4PM.

This is a great opportunity to chat and arrange interviews with many of the business owners and employers on the island, to find out information on NIE, apartments, arrange sharing, get lots of tips and advice on living and working in ibiza.Last year over 200 job vacancies were filled.
Already we have listed vacancies for security staff, shot girls, bar staff and cocktail flairers, parade girls, chefs, ticket sellers and promotional staff, hair dressers, waitresses , beauticians.

Some jobs are to start 1st may and other jobs throughout may into june. its worth booking a cheap return with www.skyscanner.net just for a few days to secure nie,apartment and jobs , even if you cant start until june.

Always remember if you are planning to work for a season you need enough money to pay 1 monthes rent and 1 monthes deposit on a flat working on the assumption it will cost you around 300 eu per month per person if sharing plus at least 1 monthes spending money for food and drinks etc., has most jobs are paid at the end of 1 month. I would suggest at least 1000 euros, more if you can. always get your european medical card before you fly and think about an annual insurance policy www.insureandgo.com do some great backpackers policies.:D if you need any help just pm me .
sue .... pink panther

Thanks for this information, do people normally only find work once on the island? How often do people secure work before arriving? I'm leaning towards trying to have something secured before I arrive (for peace of mind).....

Employers

I cant imagine any employer offering someone a job before meeting them especially in public relations.. Occasionally i hear of qualified chefs or djs been offered trial before arriving..:d

Back