Recommendations for Ibiza visit with a 15 YO

SmileyT

Hi, I'm SmileyT, I'm 47 and I've been going to Ibiza almost every year since 2001. This year, in addition to our usual boys trip for a long weekend in late September, I'm planning to introduce my 15 year old daughter to the island for the first time :) She thinks that I only go to Ibiza to party, but I've been telling her that there is much more to the island than clubbing! We are going in August and will stay 3 nights at Boutique Hostal Salinas, then 5 nights in Santa Eulalia for some sailing and then 2 nights at Hostal La Torre for the sunset. Having said that, while I think I'm good for beaches and great restaurants to take her to, I am wondering where I might bring her for a taste of the nightlife, which is appropriate for a teenager who isn't ready for clubbing until the early hours!

It goes without saying that I would bring her along to sunset strip to see the sunset, but which bar is best these days? Cafe del Mar, or Mambo? Or somewhere else?

And what other places are good for music and a nightlife vibe but can be combined with a pre-dinner drink and/or an evening meal? Do places like Cova Santa have a minimum age policy for example? Where else would you recommend we go to get a sense of that Ibiza nightlife vibe? Las Dalias for the hippy market? Other suggestions welcome!

Hi, I'm SmileyT, I'm 47 and I've been going to Ibiza almost every year since 2001. This year, in addition to our usual boys trip for a long weekend in late September, I'm planning to introduce my 15 year old daughter to the island for the first time :) She thinks that I only go to Ibiza to party, but I've been telling her that there is much more to the island than clubbing! We are going in August and will stay 3 nights at Boutique Hostal Salinas, then 5 nights in Santa Eulalia for some sailing and then 2 nights at Hostal La Torre for the sunset. Having said that, while I think I'm good for beaches and great restaurants to take her to, I am wondering where I might bring her for a taste of the nightlife, which is appropriate for a teenager who isn't ready for clubbing until the early hours!

It goes without saying that I would bring her along to sunset strip to see the sunset, but which bar is best these days? Cafe del Mar, or Mambo? Or somewhere else?

And what other places are good for music and a nightlife vibe but can be combined with a pre-dinner drink and/or an evening meal? Do places like Cova Santa have a minimum age policy for example? Where else would you recommend we go to get a sense of that Ibiza nightlife vibe? Las Dalias for the hippy market? Other suggestions welcome!
You'll feel a lot less ripped off if you go a bit further round and try Golden Buddah for sunset dinner. It's not Maccy D prices, but it is €5.90 for nachos rather than €21, and no silly minimum spend. Menu HERE (although might be last years...) Book early though, and request a table at the front of the (relatively small) terrace.

Alternatively, get yourselves a bocadillo, a couple of cans of San Miguel, a couple of cans of Fanta Limon and plonk yourself on the rocks infront of Mambo, that way, you get the view and some tunes from the bar

You'll feel a lot less ripped off if you go a bit further round and try Golden Buddah for sunset dinner. It's not Maccy D prices, but it is €5.90 for nachos rather than €21, and no silly minimum spend. Menu HERE (although might be last years...) Book early though, and request a table at the front of the (relatively small) terrace.

Alternatively, get yourselves a bocadillo, a couple of cans of San Miguel, a couple of cans of Fanta Limon and plonk yourself on the rocks infront of Mambo, that way, you get the view and some tunes from the bar
OMG, I see what you mean about the minimum spend at Mambo's... that is mental!

OMG, I see what you mean about the minimum spend at Mambo's... that is mental!
Gets bigger the closer you go to the front. But it’s always packed out in the summer, so hard to say they’re doing it wrong. I think the next one on (Lime?) might not have a min spend, but still pricey. You’ll easily pay double if not more on the strip vs at Golden Buddha round the corner

Gets bigger the closer you go to the front. But it’s always packed out in the summer, so hard to say they’re doing it wrong. I think the next one on (Lime?) might not have a min spend, but still pricey. You’ll easily pay double if not more on the strip vs at Golden Buddha round the corner
Nope, it’s Mint, with min 70€ a head spend on the front. Not as high as Mambo, but your young un might struggle to drink that many milkshakes!

The rooftop bar of Aguas De Ibiza in Santa Eulalia is open to the public and its a nice place for a sunset drink.

Bambuku in San An do a family day on a Sunday, but ive not been there yet and think there is a minimum spend

I'm pretty sure Golden Buddha is under renovation at the moment. I doubt they'll be finished this season.

I'm pretty sure Golden Buddha is under renovation at the moment. I doubt they'll be finished this season.
Ah, I do remember this now you mention it. It might have been taken over too actually. Then I vote sarnie and beer on the rocks! Even better if you can get a takeout Rita’s Club Sandwich….

Looks like despite the construction work they are getting Golden Buddah ready for opening. Currently out pressure washing everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-114811_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-114811_Gallery.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 9
Back