Re-locating due to work...advice / help info required

xxVic-zeexx

Hey my little love muffins :D

This little Kent bird is relocating to London and its surrounding areas in the coming month or so, so just after a bit of advice and guidance and any words of wisdom tbh, as i know alot of you have been through similar situations etc etc...

Currently in Maidstone atm and have landed a job in Teddington / Middlesex (near Richmond). Will be living with the BF on his camp in Ruislip (god help me :rolleyes:) until he gets out the RAF. In which time we hope to save a bit of money then start renting somewhere until we can get a mortgage :spank:

but, the question is, where to rent......

Anything on the inside of the m25 is a joke rent wise :( unless anyone knows anywhere affordable and not too scummy :lol:

I havent a problem driving, but wouldnt want the journey any longer than an hour tbh, so can anyone suggest any good surrounding areas....

Any info is greatly appreciated 8)

Have you got a rough kind of price range?
What do you want out of where you live? (e.g. close to pubs, close to some nightclubs, etc)

Where in London will you be working to?

Have you got a rough kind of price range?
What do you want out of where you live? (e.g. close to pubs, close to some nightclubs, etc)

Where in London will you be working to?

Well we were thinking 800 max atm.
A one bed flat will do. Not toooo fussy on area, but quick access to m25 would be ideal and near a nice town would be nice.

Read my post again ;)

Well we were thinking 800 max atm.
A one bed flat will do. Not toooo fussy on area, but quick access to m25 would be ideal and near a nice town would be nice.

Read my post again ;)

I shall share some knowledge with you as that is right on my doorstep

If you are looking to rent in that area then try looking in feltham, bedfont or hanworth they are all within 15-20 mins driving time of teddington.
Anywhere in or around teddington, twickenham or richmond will make your eyes water rent wise.
If you need any more info about anything give me a shout.

I shall share some knowledge with you as that is right on my doorstep

If you are looking to rent in that area then try looking in feltham, bedfont or hanworth they are all within 15-20 mins driving time of teddington.
Anywhere in or around teddington, twickenham or richmond will make your eyes water rent wise.
If you need any more info about anything give me a shout.

Wicked, thats a starting block of places to look, thanks :D

the colonel's right

kew, richmond, petersham - no-nos unless you're minted

you're best off finding a flatshare - brentford, acton, hayes, feltham are all within reach

Yea Acton has come up a few times.

Flat share is a no go, its the bf and me and we want alot of flat parties :lol: haha

Like anywhere in London some bits of Acton are nicer than others. It does have loads of tube stations and is pretty well linked to major roads too.

Brentford is nice and is a bit cheaper as it has no tube line. It has a overground station and Ealing is a short walk / Bus ride for the tube.

Twickenham? St Margarets? smack bang between Teddington/Richmond.

Hampton, Molesey, Surbiton, Kingston, New Malden, Isleworth, Brentford...

Public transport down that bit is a bit poo... buy a bike.

No idea about rental prices, but house prices around there were the next bracket above for what we wanted to move into. Ended up just outside the M25 and are getting a hell of a lot more for our £'s.

Best person to speak to on here is Sandi... she mainly now lurks... but lives in the Teddington area...

Wicked, thanks for all the info :D

It amazing how as soon as you go outer side of the m25 the prices for rent and houses is soooo much cheaper :spank:

I can tell u anything u need to know bout Richmond/twicknam/st. Margarets. Lived there most of my life. Although can't tell u rental prices as never looked apart from that u will get more for your money than places in zone 2

Back