raco verd san jose

stephen

Staff member
here's the programme of live music for this summer, and don't forget fridays when dj kito spins reggae. they all have a 22.00 kick off

Tues 10th July - Tango Show spectacular. Dancing
Thurs 12th July - Los Beerdrinkers - Rock covers
Saturday 14th July - Andreas - Jazzy Funky Groove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkeRV6lwoc
Tues 17th July - Marina Cedro - Tango singer with piano player
Thurs 19th July - the famous Harmonica playing, cognac drinking Albert Cooper and the ubiquitous Miquel Botja and the Blues Mafia
Saturday 21st July - Trihada. A chillout group from Valencia.
Tues 24th July - Soul Force. An Afro-fusion band from Kenya.
Thurs 26th July - Dave Blues Band.
Saturday 28th July - Groovy Funky Jazz with Andreas.
Tuesday 31st July - Brazilian Music.
Thurs 2nd August - Jon Michel Rock
Saturday 4th August - Paco Romero Flamenco. Traditional flamenco with singer, drums and flamenco guitar.
Tues 7th August - Argentinian Tango Show
Thurs 9th August - Total Rock Show. 70's 80's Rock Cover Band
Sat 11th August - Jazzy Funky Groove with Andreas and his pals
Tues 14th August - Soul Force - Afro Fusion
Thurs 16th August - Dr. Ruth - Rock covers.
Sat 18th August - Jon Michel and world music.
Tues 21st August - Sitaram. Sitar music
Thurs 23rd August - Lost Mountain Orchestra - classically trained musicians do Folk and a bit of rock. Fantastic.
Weds 29th August - Zooty. Think French Jazz with a Hip Hop twist.
Thurs 30th August - Jon Michel Rockin' in Raco
Sat 1st September - Paco Romero Flamenco
Tues 4th September - Tango Show Espectacular
Thurs 6th September - Dave Blues Band
Sat 8th September - Funky Groovy Jazz with Andreas
Tues 11th of Sept - Brazilian Music
Thurs 13th of Sept - X Project Band
Sat 15th of Sept - Paco Romero Flamenco
Thurs 20th of Sept - Los Beerdrinkers
Sat 22nd of Sept - Andreas and his funky groovy jazzy soul

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been to this place many times but all in daytime – we generally stop off for a drink on our way back from San An to Ibiza. I spoke to the lad who now runs the place & we will defiantly be checking it out one evening for the live music.

So could someone recommend somewhere to eat in San Josep before we hit the bar.

there's been a change to the programme for this week. on saturday 18th you can see 'one man jam' rico loop, who is officially in ibiza on holiday but is doing a show at r.v. with the usual 22.00 kick off.

(you can his mouth in action on youtube)

Just to say we had a great night last Thursday in St Josep

Really appreciated the gig list – that’s why we chose Thursday – any chance of you doing the same for next season ?

The atmosphere was great – really laid back – everyone chilled – John & his band were excellent – recognised him from Namaste in Dalias – he’s also a lovely fellow.

A real Ibiza night – well worth the drive from Talamanca :)

now that paco fernandez has finished his pre-christmas friday night residency at villa mercedes he's back at raco verd. i called in for a few jars on friday night and made this little video

paco at raco

Stephen would it be possible for you to print a gig guide for 2008 as you did last year.

It was really useful :)

the news is that rv will be having live gigs 4 nights per week this summer. the usual mix of world, jazz, rock on different nights and a tango night (think kenny logan on strictly) every fortnight. clare has told me she'll mail me a gig list over but the girl's a bit slow these days on account of being preggers.

i know that this thursday 19th it's mackie's faves the beerdrinkers
friday it's los domingueros
saturday paco romero and his tight flamenco trousers

all at 22.00

the news is that rv will be having live gigs 4 nights per week this summer. the usual mix of world, jazz, rock on different nights and a tango night (think kenny logan on strictly) every fortnight. clare has told me she'll mail me a gig list over but the girl's a bit slow these days on account of being preggers.

i know that this thursday 19th it's mackie's faves the beerdrinkers
friday it's los domingueros
saturday paco romero and his tight flamenco trousers

all at 22.00

Stephen - thanks very much - It's a long way to go from Talamanca on "spec" but if the bands worth seeing it's a great night - starting with a nice meal around the corner & a proper Ibiza atmosphere in Raco Verde so any info. would be appreciated.

Back