RA DJ poll results 2012

Yup. The results of all the polls are bogus at the end of the day. Whichever forum it's on, whatever site, if it's voted for by the people, it's a popularity contest.

Entirely so. Who are any of us to judge if the masses like and enjoy David Guetta?

As I said, it's down to INFORMED opinion and the person being able to see things within context. If someone's favourite DJ is Guetta, but the only other dance act they know is SHM (and they only follow chart dance music), why would you take their opinion seriously? If the poll is voted for people who know the scene (and RA has the whiff of being read by people who do), then I think you can take something from the results. Not all polls and prizes are the same. And for the record, I don't feel informed enough to vote in an RA poll, knowing only a few of the names and having heard or seen even less. :oops:

I went for:

1. Ricardo Villalobos - Simply the best DJ I have ever known to exist. Amazing what he does with room 1 at fabric, another level that many don't get and that suits me fine.
2. tINI - OK I haven't actually seen her but I did mean to go twice this year and I will do. I absolutely love her music, she has re-introduced me to minimal and very stripped-back underground house through her weekly radio shows and I cannot recommend her enough.
3. Craig Richards - Absolutely never lets me down, and given that fabric is my favourite club and most-visited club, I just have to include Mr Richards as a mark of respect for what is achieved every single week at that most wonderful nightclub.
4. Nina Kraviz - I love her style of music and well just everything about her. Only seen part of her set at Eastern Electrics as there were too many people in the tent and I wanted to be outside but she was top notch.
5. Cassy - A great style, a very classy lady and this totally comes through in her house music DJ sets.

I went for:

1. Ricardo Villalobos - Simply the best DJ I have ever known to exist. Amazing what he does with room 1 at fabric, another level that many don't get and that suits me fine.
2. tINI - OK I haven't actually seen her but I did mean to go twice this year and I will do. I absolutely love her music, she has re-introduced me to minimal and very stripped-back underground house through her weekly radio shows and I cannot recommend her enough.
3. Craig Richards - Absolutely never lets me down, and given that fabric is my favourite club and most-visited club, I just have to include Mr Richards as a mark of respect for what is achieved every single week at that most wonderful nightclub.
4. Nina Kraviz - I love her style of music and well just everything about her. Only seen part of her set at Eastern Electrics as there were too many people in the tent and I wanted to be outside but she was top notch.
5. Cassy - A great style, a very classy lady and this totally comes through in her house music DJ sets.
Have never understood the fuss about Craig Richards...very average.

I would have to dissagree about craig richards. such a versatile dj. never really gets the headline slot so he doesnt play a load of 'bangers' but is a master of the warm up set or after hours selection

Darius Syrossian was fairly delighted with his entry given his remarks on FB. I voted him at number 5, he's a sound guy and deserves all the support he's getting right now. One day he'll have his own night.

Also, it goes deeper than just being a DJ with Craig Richards. The man has done a hell of a lot for electronic music in theUK specifically the underground scene.

I would have to dissagree about craig richards. such a versatile dj. never really gets the headline slot so he doesnt play a load of 'bangers' but is a master of the warm up set or after hours selection

I've seen him so many times...going to fabric every other month and that main room being my favourite dancefloor in the world kind of helps with my understanding of him.

My favourite Craig Richards set was one from December 2011, fabric had a large share of idiots in that night, especially post Christmas party types, 95% guys on the dancefloor and a rather too manly vibe. He came on around 5, played some of the most boring music I have ever heard, and bit by bit the idiots left the dancefloor as they were bored and towards the end of the first hour, there were lots of regulars I could recognise, most of the beer boys had gone and he played the techno and acid house that they would have loved, and then went into full on Studio 54 disco mode - oh it was heaven.

A very clever set.

Back