Question about DJ set times/order

magicsalsa

New to Ibiza this summer - was wondering how the set times/order works with DJ lineups. For example, on Tuesday, August 12, Space's lineup is as follows:

Carl Cox
Tom Pookes
Plump DJs
Christian Smith
Freemasons

I've read that Space has different music rooms, so do all these DJs get their own room for the night? Do they each only get an hour in the main room? If the latter, who plays in the other rooms?

- magicsalsa

Depends on the venue.

But as a rule of thumb big guests will play main rooms at around 2/3am, big name residents will close the night. Smaller names on the line up will play the warm up sets but only after a resident plays the first hour.

Carl Cox plays 2 sets, an early on and one from 4am-6am.

Hmm

Interesting. Based on the information from this site, the club is only open from 12-6am. Given that CC spins for a total of 3 hours, that's not much time left for the other four DJs if they're all sharing the main room.

The Freemasons are one of artists I'm looking forward to hearing in Ibiza in August, so only getting to hear them for less than an hour would be disappointing.

What's the typical set time at the major clubs?

- magicsalsa

At space the new terrace and main room both have big name guest on at the same time.

Likewise at amnesia, guests play in the main room and terrace at the same time.

At most clubs guest seem to play about 2 hours.

I reckon this night will look something like:

discotecha
tom pookes 12-2
christian smith 2-4
Cox 4-6

Terrace
12-2 Cox
2-4 freemasons
4-6 Plumps

That is if it is starting at midnight

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon this night will look something like:

discotecha:
tom pookes 12-2
christian smith 2-4
Cox 4-6

Terrace
12-2 Cox
2-4 freemasons
4-6 Plumps

That is if it is starting at midnight

Carl Cox nights at Space start at 8pm. Usually, it goes like this:

outside, "Sunset Terrace":
8-11pm residents
11-12 Carl Cox

Then, at 12, the sunset terrace closes, and the discoteca opens.

Discoteca
tom pookes 12-2
christian smith 2-4
Cox 4-6

At 1am, Inside Terrace opens:

Inside Terrace

1-3 freemasons
3-6 Plumps

That's assuming they're following the format of last season, things could change, however =)

Carl Cox nights at Space start at 8pm. Usually, it goes like this:

outside, "Sunset Terrace":
8-11pm residents
11-12 Carl Cox

Then, at 12, the sunset terrace closes, and the discoteca opens.

Discoteca
tom pookes 12-2
christian smith 2-4
Cox 4-6

At 1am, Inside Terrace opens:

Inside Terrace

1-3 freemasons
3-6 Plumps

That's assuming they're following the format of last season, things could change, however =)

which I believe is what I was saying =]

Also new to Ibiza and what's the general go for lineup times? do the clubs release them before the night on any forums or on the night at the club or generally not at all??

Its obvious the headliners will be on around 2-4amish in the main discotecha but there is a heap of lesser known names i don't want to miss out on and that seems a bit hard with multi room clubs and no lineup times...

Carl Cox admission

I read in another thread that admission was free before 10pm at Space for Carl Cox Tuesday. Is this true? I can't imagine any of the major clubs being free.

I read in another thread that admission was free before 10pm at Space for Carl Cox Tuesday. Is this true? I can't imagine any of the major clubs being free.

yeah it is free. but you end up spending a fortune on drinks waiting for the place to warm up.

Actually, I quite like getting there early and watching if place come alive

At Pacha, stand on the balcony on the highest level and look down as the place fills up and the energy increases.

do the big clubs generally release lineup times?? be it on any websites or on the night in the club or whats the general go?

Back