Quandry - thoughts from a veteran please

Robder

Having not been since 2007 I haven't got a clue which is the best bet:

9 sept - 16 sept:

* Louie Vega closing at Blue Marlin
* Busy island
* 2manydjs at Space - not keen at all
* Ooh Pendulum Ibiza rocks on 7th - perhaps I should go earlier?

28 sept - 5 oct:

* Possible sh!t weather
* Depressingly quiet island (i.e. packing up atmos rather than tranquil off season atmos)
* Space 'car park' closing - notoriously bad reviews
* Amnesia closing - "best party of season" (?)
* Louie Vega at Pacha

IMO

I went near the end of season in 2001. The closing parties were great, but I stayed 3 days after everyone had packed up. I hit the home from Ibiza depression on the island. I was a newbie. I am debating a trip before end of season, now I know what to expact.

Yes - agree on the end of season bit.

I've been going for ten years now but know the island has changed recently so wanted some views on the various closing gigs of the past 2 years.

I hear nothing but bad reports about the car park event for example.

Both timeframes are wrong.

In between them, you've got the Carl Cox closing, We Love closing and my effervescent company ;)

The Amnesia closing party is one of the best parties of the season.

Not a huge amount of difference in the weather from 16th September to 5th October. It could just as easily rain on the 7th of September as the 7th of October.

I prefer the Island when its quiet and my choice would be an easy one.......The Amnesia closing party8)

pendulum are beyond dreadful

please don't allow your holiday timing to be influenced by those clowns

pendulum are beyond dreadful

please don't allow your holiday timing to be influenced by those clowns

:oops: They were quite good at Glasto a couple of years ago.

Have to admit I've never listened to one of their albums.

Im there 9th - 16th Was mainly a weather and price decision as mates were sure it would be crap weather later in september and the cheapest deal was those dates. Personally I would have been happy to go later. Not sure I'll bother with WeLove. Trying not to spend a fortune this year so its ZooProject / DC10 and assorted beach parties in PDB unless they've all been shut down by then

I prefer end of season personally. Still plenty of people but not rammed, accomodation and flight deals pop up.

It is a different vibe for sure, but the weather is still decent and the people are all up for it plus the Amnesia closing party is the business. Mucho good times.

Flying back in to Oct weather in the UK is a different story...

me and a few mates are over 19-29th.there's some really strong nights. carl cox closing with danny t, yousef etc. we love closing really looking forward to seeing funkagenda closing the terrace. we went around the same time last year and the weather wasn't great but still had an amazing time and meet some great people

Back