Psychoactive Substances Bill passed

I could write all day, with reams and reams of text about how I feel on this subject, but most of my views are mirrored in the article itself...

I just feel infuriated that we are 'lead' by such a group of inept, uneducated (in the subject matter they discuss) hypocrites.

They ban everything they don't agree with, even though proof has shown time and time again that blanket bans and prohibition don't work at all in practice. They look good on paper but only serve to pay lip service to braying masses who cry out, as the article says, "to think of the children".

I'm already getting into a ramble here... I just hope future generations who weren't scare mongered into hating drugs, instead of being educated on them, can reverse some of these ridiculous policies.

Well im sure lots of people would agree that the less of more dangerous compounds like PMA on the streets the better. But it all stems from having MDMA illegal even though its less harmful. Poppers being illegal is a joke. Next they will ban bleach

Load of crap... The substance costing the most health-wise at the moment isn't even commonly thought of as a drug, and the govt are doing f-all about it. That's sugar btw. This bill is all pissing in the wind while the govt fail to get to grips with junk food and booze. We need to legalise and regulate most drugs. The only reason there are so many 'legal highs' is the prohibition of traditional (in many cases, less harmful) substances.

Load of crap... The substance costing the most health-wise at the moment isn't even commonly thought of as a drug, and the govt are doing f-all about it. That's sugar btw. This bill is all pissing in the wind while the govt fail to get to grips with junk food and booze. We need to legalise and regulate most drugs. The only reason there are so many 'legal highs' is the prohibition of traditional (in many cases, less harmful) substances.

Yeah thats kind of my point. If mdma was legalised you wouldnt need these more dangerous incarnations

I wonder if it'll bring it back full circle, and people will go back to the tried and tested substances?

Or if we'll consider to see this race to the bottom of the chemical pile?

I wonder if it'll bring it back full circle, and people will go back to the tried and tested substances?

Or if we'll consider to see this race to the bottom of the chemical pile?

Back to tried and tested. I think mephedrone will be the only once legal high that there will be much of a demand for.

I dont know. Costs still play a large part. And you will still have sellers on the dark net

But legal highs are generally popular because they're legal and can be bought easily, not because they're better than 'traditional' drugs. Many aren't even cheaper than similar illegal drugs. Compare the price of, say, MDMA and legal MDAI.

Who would pick synthetic cannabis over the real thing if both are of the same legal status? Or an NPS stim over traditional stims if both are of the same legal status? Very few NPSs will be remembered and there won't be the same incentive to 'discover' them and bring them to market in the future as countries either introduce blanket bans (as in the UK) or look at decriminalising/legalising old faves (as in more progressive countries).

But legal highs are generally popular because they're legal and can be bought easily, not because they're better than 'traditional' drugs. Many aren't even cheaper than similar illegal drugs. Compare the price of, say, MDMA and legal MDAI.

Who would pick synthetic cannabis over the real thing if both are of the same legal status? Or an NPS stim over traditional stims if both are of the same legal status? Very few NPSs will be remembered and there won't be the same incentive to 'discover' them and bring them to market in the future as countries either introduce blanket bans (as in the UK) or look at decriminalising/legalising old faves (as in more progressive countries).

So long as it puts an end to something like Spice, I'm happy. But even so... I hope this is the one step back, then two steps forward approach

Back