PS3 or X Box 360 ?

Super P

Got burgled on Christmas Day, got an insurance payout this week. A bit of cash but more importantly, £560 to spent on http://www.powerplaydirect.com/ which is an awful website. Anyway, basically gonna buy a PS3 or Sex Box 360. Which ? I know nooooooooothing. All my pals got 360 so I can geek it up on the net with them but PS3 has got the new GTA ! So if anyone could offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it, been bopping around on "gaming" forums today but they all seem to care more about specifications and boring stuff more than anything else. I'll be pretty much going on whatever you lot say and I know this is always incites debate...

Ta muchly.

if you want online gaming get the 360.

GTA IV is out on the box, with 2 exclusive special downloadanle episodes...

if you want to watch HD Films get the PS3, although its the cheapest bluray available, why pay around £20 for a disc??? - (theres some new dvd players out ow which have HDMI upscaling)

or you could spunk it all down the bookies.

You sure GTA is out on the XBox ?! Don't really care about HD films, all my DVD's were stolen. Haha. Ironic. Don't know if normal DVD's play on PS3 either. Also, Xbox 360, is it just like £20 a year for a sub to online gaming ? That's it right ? I probably could find all these answers online but it's much easier and better this way and more social and means I'm not working.

Obviously, if they could of given me a £560 roulette token it would of been the best option but they wouldn't.

I would go the xbox 360 route. My brother in law has more dough than sense and therefore has all the consoles on the market and he rates it over the others. GTA will be out on all the major consoles at the end of next month. Also the online gaming is a doddle to set up on xbox and its a great way to cane some time if you cant be bothered going out.8)8)8)

You sure GTA is out on the XBox ?! Don't really care about HD films, all my DVD's were stolen. Haha. Ironic. Don't know if normal DVD's play on PS3 either. Also, Xbox 360, is it just like £20 a year for a sub to online gaming ? That's it right ? I probably could find all these answers online but it's much easier and better this way and more social and means I'm not working.

GTA IV was always sheduled to be released on the XBOX.

PS3 will play normal dvds and so long as ts connected via HDMI it will upscale.

you do have to pay for a sub on xbox live, but as the rest of yr mates are on the 360, i would be on the same as them.

I got a PS3 about 2 months ago and they're good! Awaiting quite a few games to actually come out but I also use it on my wireless network where you can play movies direct as long as they are in a DivX (mpeg 4) format; initially the Ps3 won't play DivX although if you connect to the internet it will download an update.

I've never played on an Xbox but I went for the PS3 purely form mates who have an Xbox but i'm sure in a lot of ways they're similar! I tried a mates blueray disc last week and it's unbeleivable quality and so are the games through a HDMI cable :)

got a ps3 just after xmas and love it,every bit of it.i cant comment on the 360 as i have only have a had a quick shot of it.really looking foward to metal gear solid thats a ps3 exclusive but no doubt it will be out on the 360 too.Anyone wanna add me on the playstatopn network,games i play is ghost recon,call of duty 4 pro evo 2008.

psn - stivwatt

be best to try and get a shot of both before hand and see what you prefere,i basiclly bought a playstation because its always playstations ive had lol.

That is in the biggest font so far and therefore is tipping my vote so far. Also, I'm presuming the PS3 will have a longer life than the 360, as in Microsoft will bring out a new one before the PS4 comes out. I will only play Pro Ev and GTA anyway. Although, the only PS3 that crap website has is in a bundle with two **** games, Lost the game or something and is £420 while a 360 is like £300.

STOP!

Thank god i got here in time.:lol:

XBOX 360 is defo your best choice.

Call of duty 4 is the best game i have ever played.

I say go for the console which you mates have, 360.

Purely because it'll mean you can play together, thats the best thing about it.

dont buy LOST the game, its cack. completed it in about 4hrs.

get a 360 and use that cash to get some decent games.

Call of Duty 4 - excellent Multiplayer/ short single campaign
Call of Duty 2 - excellent single and multiplayer
Bully: Scholarship Edition - will keep you occupied until GTA IV
Frontlines: Fuel of war - Good 1st person shooter
Kane & Lynch - great story, once it gets going.
Devil May Cry 4 - stunning visuals, very good hack n slash
Guitar Hero III - brilliant online.
Bioshock - brilliant game, story, visuals, apart from gaining all the achievements has no real replay value.
Lost Planet - excellent shooter!
Need for Speed Carbon - excellent arcade racer.
The Godfather - nuff said
Dead Rising -Zommmbies!
Fifa 08 - on par with pro evo, but has all the licences. north east london, pah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I think I'm gonna get a PS3, basically it comes down to Pro Ev is GTA is on both. And I presume Pro Ev is better on PS3. And a PS3 is shiner.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I think I'm gonna get a PS3, basically it comes down to Pro Ev is GTA is on both. And I presume Pro Ev is better on PS3. And a PS3 is shiner.

games usually play the same whatever console its on.

the only diff is that the PS3 is a tad more powerful in the graphics dept. (but its rediculous loading times put me right off).

Back