Probably the most amazing driver ever....

Not probably. He was the best driver ever (IMO). Funny watching that video as I was at the 1992 Barcelona GP, and managed to get paddock passes. In the paddock were a line of white Honda NSX's that the drivers used to get to the circuit, just like in the vid.

Ayrton helped Honda with the development of the car, hence this video.

Amazing how he drives like he just popping to the shops, so relaxed, while he's doing that with those shoes on :lol:

Cant believe no one wnated to get in with him. I'd have eaten my left arm to have the chance.

It was a sad day when he passed, I remember it well :(

Added to favourites!

Should imagine that it is a lot harder to drive in your dancing shoes than dance in your driving shoes.

See how high the revs go:eek:.

I'm wondering about the throttle tecnique.

How fast he push the pedal.

Thats the difference between the Senna generation and the modern playstation generation. It was all about technique back then, now its all electronic (yes you still need the talent, but not as much IMO)

The cars then were also completely different, turbo charged with more horse power than todays cars, that were also alot more dangerous, no front end protection as your legs were in front of the chasis, you hit csomething and you lose your feet or legs !! You needed balls the size of basketballs to do what he did.

Watch this clip of him in the wet in an inferioir car ;) :lol: AMAZING !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DlDGsCY_7k (worth watching the other parts of the documentary also, the guy was superhuman !!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe Senna was killed (on this day) 17 years ago.....

ayrton-senna.jpg

Back