Primal Scream anyone

Robder

Giving away two scream tix for tonight's gig - FREEEEEE. Want them to go to a good home.

Reply required immediately, work near Centre Point. Long shot.

Weatherall playing, Screamadelica performed in its entirety - will be amazing.

Too ill to go etc.

Off home shortly.

I was meant to be flying down but punted my tickets. Hope they went to a good home and look forward to a review from someone.

Couldn't even give the bloody things away!

I guess Bobby Gillespie hasn't appeared on the X Factor so it's understandable in this forgettable climate. :lol:

Couldn't even give the bloody things away!

I guess Bobby Gillespie hasn't appeared on the X Factor so it's understandable in this forgettable climate. :lol:

shocking - I keep getting a bit excited when I look at my tickets - eek!! :lol::lol::lol:

my main reasons for not going were these:

a. screamadelica was a time & place - much as I loved the album at the time, I have no wish to join 40/50 year olds on the revival/nostalgia circuit (says he, going to Leftfield on Friday)

b. to my ears, post-91 Primal Scream gradually morphed into just another meat'n'veg rock band - my fear was having to endure an hour of that before anything got even remotely weatherall-esque.

c. 2 of my most hated people on the planet (namely the mother of my son and my ex-flatmate) were both in attendance - and going together. Bumping into them would've been worse than an hour with a nazi dentist.

Instead, I went to the london fields on saturday night and had a really nice time c/o Mr Mison with a fair few ibiza faces representing.

Had I seen this on Friday I would definitely have had them Rob!! Next time you have freebies get on Facebook ;)

Still a little bit speechless as to how good Primal Scream were on Saturday night - I thought it would be good but it waaaayyyy exceeded all expectations - Bobby Gillespie's voice and stage presence were superb.

And as for the finale of Come Together - UNBELIEVABLE, I think little bits of me are still scattered around Kensington Olympia :lol:

Still a little bit speechless as to how good Primal Scream were on Saturday night - I thought it would be good but it waaaayyyy exceeded all expectations - Bobby Gillespie's voice and stage presence were superb.

And as for the finale of Come Together - UNBELIEVABLE, I think little bits of me are still scattered around Kensington Olympia :lol:

glad to see normal service has been resumed.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

my main reasons for not going were these:

a. screamadelica was a time & place - much as I loved the album at the time, I have no wish to join 40/50 year olds on the revival/nostalgia circuit (says he, going to Leftfield on Friday)

b. to my ears, post-91 Primal Scream gradually morphed into just another meat'n'veg rock band - my fear was having to endure an hour of that before anything got even remotely weatherall-esque.

Screamadelica is still a great album. Dug it out recently, having not listened to it for ages (purely because I used to listen to it wayyy too much), and it still stands up. Been to see quite a few 'old' bands this year (Groove Armada, Underworld, Leftfield) and I can't say it bothers me to be in a crowd of more mature gig goers. Rather that than see a crappy over-hyped new act while lost in a sea of 16 year olds.

Vanishing Point and Xtrmntr are great albums, almost as good as Screamadelica. Other ones are more variable...

Trying to talk a mate into seeing them do Screamadelica in Glasgow.

Back