'Pre-Booking' Sun Loungers

bigmc

Where do you guys stand on this? I'm on about people putting towels on sun loungers first thing in a morning. Do you move the towels to get a bed or leave them?

I'm off to Fuertaventura for my first holiday of the year in 3 weeks and the hotel I'm staying at is notorious for people getting up early to do it. I'm just interested to see if you move towels like I do too?

the hotel we stayed at in Mykonos last year had a couple of european 'friends' who would put their towels out at silly o'clock in the morning (probably on their way back from nights out) to get the best beds (the ones that have the sun on them all day and don't need moving)
we decided to try beating them to it one day....it rained

we didn't try again

last time we stayed in San An Bay and encountered this coming home from Amnesia one morning we launched all the towels into the pool. Needless to say there were no towels left on sun loungers the rest of the week....

Childish yes, fun factor = high......:D

last time we stayed in San An Bay and encountered this coming home from Amnesia one morning we launched all the towels into the pool. Needless to say there were no towels left on sun loungers the rest of the week....

Childish yes, fun factor = high......:D

Totally the sort of thing i would do 8) :lol:

I always put my towel out if I want to go by the pool, everyone else does it at hotels I stay in. I don't see whats wrong with it really unless people are leaving the beds unattended for hours, If you're just gonna grab breakfast and the sunbathe I think it's fine. I don't put it out and go back to bed, I have a quick breakfast then straight to sunbathe unless I have just got back from a club then I skip the breakfast bit and straight sunbathing :)

Last year we wandered back from Amnesia and Space a few times and went up to the room, had a shower, grabbed our stuff and then fell asleep by the pool. We had a little 8 in the morning club of mashed people for about 5 days :D

I never really suffer from that issue - always booking a villa lol....

I never quite understood why people would be that anal tho - reserving sunbeds - WTF - you can move them around to follow the sun - they're not cemented into the ground are they!!! :?:?:confused:

I never really suffer from that issue - always booking a villa lol....

I never quite understood why people would be that anal tho - reserving sunbeds - WTF - you can move them around to follow the sun - they're not cemented into the ground are they!!! :?:?:confused:

Its when people 'shot gun' a sun bed with their towel but dont necessaily use it for a period of time, so its there unused while there are no other free sunbeds available, so us late comers have either the concrete, grass or lilo to lay on :lol:

I do the post club sun bed crash or take whatever bed is available. My tan looks good no matter which way I go.;):lol:

It's a bit mean putting towels in the pool though. What if the whole family have gone for an early morning poo? You might actually spoil some little kids holiday

thanks for asking!

website/retail stockists now from Canada to Australia and all points inbetween

agents/distributors around Europe

numerous UK online gadget/beach accessory/travel stockists

getting there (been a serious hard slog!) but still enjoying it!

thanks for asking!

website/retail stockists now from Canada to Australia and all points inbetween

agents/distributors around Europe

numerous UK online gadget/beach accessory/travel stockists

getting there (been a serious hard slog!) but still enjoying it!

Its always good to hear of a business doing well, at least you have not had to throw the towel in.

Back