Marts73

How is the post over there. I sent something on the 6th of January from the UK and I don’t think it’s turned up yet. Should it be there by now? We are having delays here so it’s possible it’s somewhere in the system.

Which courier did you use? Royal Mail has a giant backlog of international shipments

Aside from that, I can tell you that a piece of mail sent from the UK in 2021 took over a month to arrive

Which courier did you use? Royal Mail has a giant backlog of international shipments

Aside from that, I can tell you that a piece of mail sent from the UK in 2021 took over a month to arrive
I used Royal Mail 😬

if you're in Spain, do not import anything from UK, I mean in terms of books, vinyl, trainers anything like that because they'll slap a whopping tax on the receiver every time. Correos at least do tend to leave a note downstairs unlike some couriers who'll send some SMS you have no way of verifying. I just get people to bring stuff out now when they're over to visit.

It depends on the value and whether it was declared as a gift on a customs form when you posted it.

I think the value is something like 45 euro but they normally add on top the cost of shipping, insurance etc..

Last edited:
It depends on the value and whether it was declared as a gift on a customs form when you posted it.

I think the value is something like 45 euro but they normally add on top the cost of shipping, insurance etc..
Declared as a gift and not worth a lot.

As we live in the countryside, we don't get post so my mother-in-law posted my birthday card (via an online card company which is usually pretty reliable) to friends of ours in San Antonio before my birthday on 15th January. It still hasn't turned up, so make of that what you will!

The post boxes you can hire here seem more reliable though.

Back