portinatx-anyone been?

Portinatx is lovely, really pretty, great beaches, crystal clear waters and it was one of the settings for the film south pacific, very quiet though.

We made paid Portinatx a visit in August '02 on one of the many rainy days during our two week stay.

It's a really nice place but the weather was miserable so I think it ruined the atmosphere a bit, and we had an awful lunch in one the cafe's.

Would like to go up again on a sunny day to see it in its full glory.

i used to go wen i was younger b4 i became a party anmal and made loads ov mates which were locals and realy friendly .hopefully will see them agai nthis year

Portintax is in the somewhat un-spoilt northern part of the island. I don't like portinatx itself. Portinatx is a long way from anywhere else on the island. A very toruisty 'english' holiday resort.

But the little coves and beaches areound it are lovely. Theres a place called Cala Xarraca - very picturesque.

Robo said:
Portintax is in the somewhat un-spoilt northern part of the island. I don't like portinatx itself. Portinatx is a long way from anywhere else on the island. A very toruisty 'english' holiday resort.

But the little coves and beaches areound it are lovely. Theres a place called Cala Xarraca - very picturesque.

well i kinda grew up there alomst because me parents used to take me all the time wen i was younger as they had friends who lived over there. as i got older though i found san an LOL

but i do think its a beutiful spot and very secluded frm anything else which is nice

A quiet family resort with stunning landscape and beaches.
Some crazy locals.
Don't expect nightlife.
You need to rent a car if you stay there, or a massive taxi budget if you want to enjoy the clubs.

Back