plumbing in spain

gizmo666

folks i'm a plumber thinking about the move
question is how different is the plumbing in spain compared to the uk?

i know next to nothing about plumbing, but i'll take a shot in the dark that it would be pretty much the same!!

a pipe is a pipe isn't it?

not much, no need to lag, no fiber glass loft insulation, lot`s of cal so related problems with water pump`s , some areas boiler needs changing every approx 3 yr`s , materials much the same, easy to get, Building`s, stone or concrete / clay block, stone mainly surface then out through the wall to black poly, Newer concrete / clay and expensive stone, everything buried,
any more info please ask
Have a good one
Tim

a pipe is a pipe isn't it?

But is it MDPE, lead or copper? Is the service coming from a main that's MDPE, cast iron or ductile iron? Socket and spigot or butt-fused? Pushfit on the smaller stuff? Are there water byelaws like here so you need non-return valves?

:p

not sure on the wet side of things but on the sparky side I have noticed they do not use T&E but singles, it`s not an RCD it`s a Diff, there is a lot of 3ph and very little pme, most things are DP breaker-ed, the little green and yellow wire if it is there, is just for decoration,
The only by-law that seem`s to exist is, "as long as it works when you leave the job , that will do"
Have a good one
Tim

From a consumers point of view, I must say I'm much more confident about releasing some African hostages in UK toilets. I can never trust continental loo's the same.

Thoughts turn to the horror shows at the villa party *shudders*.

Though on the flip side, I suppose the ones in Space are pretty damn solid. Maybe I'm just being sanitationally xenophobic?! :lol:

worked in malia as a plumber and i loved it ran out of visa so i had to go lol.as for the spanish side of things waste pipe is smaller,boilers run on lpg bottles and pipe diameter is metric not imperial.

if there is any news for plumbers in ibiza get in contact with me
r-obo-flop@hotmail.co.uk

regards
baillie

Back