Playa Anfora : Es Cana

Tres Esquinas

Well, depression is really setting in! Its been two years since I was last in Ibiza, and my family and I are aching to go back.

We usually stay in the Caribe, but that's looking ever so expensive, loving Es Cana as much as we do, were looking for somewhere in Es Cana that's cheaper, and Playa Anfora seems to be so.

Has anyone ever been? What's it like overall for families with two young kids? We know Es Cana inside out so that's not an issue.

Thanks all.

I can't offer any help I'm afraid but I'm staying in Es Cana this year for the first time and seeing as your an expert then any recommendations for the town are welcome....sorry to hijack!

Hi there! We stayed in the Anfora last year. We are a couple, our son and my mother. Quite liked the hotel - but we're not hotel people if that makes sense - we only went here as it was LOADS cheaper than self catering for us 4! We had a family room which in hindsight we should have got two sep rooms as my mother snores..... but it was spacious clean, staff are GREAT, we're not join in people either but the entertainment staff didn't hassle - they are there year after year too so have a great following. People go back year after year and we met some of those. Loved the location, only problem we had with noise was from the hotel Panorama opposite - you could hear their entertainment till about 12 - and we did have a few early nights before trips out - so that was annoying but not the hotels fault. Ask for a back pool view room and you won't get this. Mainly families there, always sunbeds, food good. Enough going on for the kids and two great pools, so if you don't want to join in the back pool, go to the front one! Read trip advisor I should if you are unsure, but I can defo recommend.

Hi ya I am going back to The Anfora Playa in July and have stayed there many many times , it has improved in leaps and bounds from years ago , there is a kiddies play area , and the pool table and machines etc ,also I think there are 3 children entertains there so kids are catered for , they had aircon put in the rooms last year and it has made a vast difference , the food is basic not as much choice as the big hotels like Caribe which I have stayed in but would say the quality of food is much the same , and don't think you will starve
there is a large swimming pool at the back of the hotel ( sun trap ) with a bar (not in the pool ) and a small pool at the front ,
the rooms are basic but at the end of the day most of the time its just for sleeping
it is family owned so they do there best to sort any problems out asap , I don't think there are TVs in the rooms well last year there was not , and if you hire a car there is a carpark to the rear , any thing else you wish to know just e-mail me cheers

Many thanks for your in depth response! - Ideally we would like to go all inc with having the two little ones, the food isnt so much the issue its just them needing the drinks and ice creams, but with the Anfora not offering it, and those hotels that do charging a heck of a lot more, lots to wiegh up.... I know there is the Spar/Eroksi round the corner isnt there, so we could always stock up...

Anyone know of any different hotels that are decent, yet cheap without being rubbish? Did look at the Mar Y Heurta, Ive stayed at the Coral Playa (or beach as it is now) but that seems the pricer of most hotels.

would love to stay at the Cala Nova, but we spend a lot of our time at the Tres Esquinas bar, and conquring that hill on the way down after a couple of Heribas isnt advisable :LOL:

you looked at azuLine Aparthotel Atlantic -look on homepage for hotels in drop down menu in es cana,for more details.

Haven't really looked at the Atlantic, something about it I dont quite like, not sure why!
Always seems that there is 'to much' going on there constantly.

I may be wrong mind, Ereso seems a bit like that too.

Thanks for the advice, mind! - Been looking at the Cala Nova a little bit, touch out of budget.

Cala Nova hotel is nice but not cheap.like said bit of a walk to get to.you tried looking at say don carlos santa eulalia,best of both then for kids and your wife shopping.es cana is only up the road.

Thinking of here Early Oct for a week?

How busy or quiet is it here in October?

We stayed nearby in July 2017 walking distance to the town and it wasn't that rocking.

Back