Places to dine solo? Lugares para cenar sola?

Val D

Hi! I'll be travelling solo in September. I'm happy to spend time with myself or meet people as I go during the day, but worried about dinner time as most places don't take reservations for just one person. Are there any bars or restaurants where I can sit at the bar to eat dinner? Or restaurants with communal tables? I'll be staying at a hotel in San Antonio but will also go to the city other nights... Thanks!!!

Hola! Voy a estar viajando sola en Septiembre. No tengo problema en pasar tiempo sola durante el día, o ir conociendo gente por donde vaya, pero no estoy encontrando opciones para cenar a la noche ya que los restaurantes no toman reservas para una sola persona. Hay algún bar o restaurante en el que pueda sentarme a comer en la barra? O algún lugar con mesas comunales? Voy a estar en un hotel por San Antonio pero también voy a ir a la ciudad... Gracias!!!

Hi! I'll be travelling solo in September. I'm happy to spend time with myself or meet people as I go during the day, but worried about dinner time as most places don't take reservations for just one person. Are there any bars or restaurants where I can sit at the bar to eat dinner? Or restaurants with communal tables? I'll be staying at a hotel in San Antonio but will also go to the city other nights... Thanks!!!

Hola! Voy a estar viajando sola en Septiembre. No tengo problema en pasar tiempo sola durante el día, o ir conociendo gente por donde vaya, pero no estoy encontrando opciones para cenar a la noche ya que los restaurantes no toman reservas para una sola persona. Hay algún bar o restaurante en el que pueda sentarme a comer en la barra? O algún lugar con mesas comunales? Voy a estar en un hotel por San Antonio pero también voy a ir a la ciudad... Gracias!!!
I doubt you won't find some places to eat solo in September, maybe the fancy places, but I can't imagine a typical Spanish restaurant turning you down.

I doubt you won't find some places to eat solo in September, maybe the fancy places, but I can't imagine a typical Spanish restaurant turning you down.
Ok, so no need to book, do you think? Just show up? It will be early September... Any recommendations? I feel like I'd still feel more comfortable sitting at the bar than at a table on my own...

For the south part of the island, we'll wait advices of the experts...
If you go to the North I can help you

Lots of places I would just walk in solo and I think they’ll be fine!

A couple of San An faves:
  • Que Pasa (Cala de Bou and on the egg roundabout)
  • Pikes (I’ve gone for a solo lunch and a pool hangout before)
  • Kumhara’s for sunset
  • Tapas Ibiza
There are TONNES more obviously but you can literally walk into anywhere solo and they should find you a spot!

• Kumhara’s for sunset
  • Tapas Ibiza
There are TONNES more obviously but you can literally walk into anywhere solo and they should find you a spot!
Thank you so much, Tiffy!!!

• Kumhara’s for sunset
  • Tapas Ibiza
Didn’t know you like Pikes. You’ve never mentioned it before…..

Back