Place to watch Football (soccer) In Ibiza!

scribs76

Now im American and i am one to debate about the whole Football and soccer debate and to be sarcastic all in fun when comparing the two.But my question is where can i go and watch a game in ibiza? Im not a huge fan but thats mainly due cuz its not big here in the states.So seeing i will be partying among tons of brittish in San Antonio i was interested in going to watch a game while im there and shoot the **** over some pints.My question is since i have lack of knowledge of the game and a place to watch it in ibiza---) will there be any games going on in june?If so when are they and do you recomend a place i could go while im there and can actually watch one with a fun group?Just curious cuz i like sports and i like drinking to it as well with some appetizers.

The European Championships are on nearly every night from the 7th June till 29th June.England never qualified (lol) so it would probably be better to watch with fans from whichever country is playing.There will be tons of places showing the football don't worry about that.

Judging from Euro '04 and World Cup '02/'06 experience, you'll find that every other pub and hotel bar will have the matches on. It's usually a pretty festive atmosphere in a lot of bars as well... a welcome addition to past Ibiza visits 8)

You will see boards with the matches and times chalked up all over the place,just take you're pick!

LOL ok so i take it there will be alot while im there 19th thru the 26th.What about a particular pub that gets busy?Or should i just wait and ask around when i get there.Whats a match-up to look out for?

Scribs...you picked a good time to come to Europe to watch futbol! The atmosphere should be really good during Euro 2008. Of course England isn't in the tournament so the atmosphere won't be as crazy in San Antonio as it could have been, but everybody loves seeing a quality match and there will be plenty of those. By the way, the US plays England in 5 days (the 28th). Here's hoping that we don't get crushed. :D

Scribs...you picked a good time to come to Europe to watch futbol! The atmosphere should be really good during Euro 2008. Of course England isn't in the tournament so the atmosphere won't be as crazy in San Antonio as it could have been, but everybody loves seeing a quality match and there will be plenty of those. By the way, the US plays England in 5 days (the 28th). Here's hoping that we don't get crushed. :D

Kool i might as well watch and get familiar.Why is the U.S good.I always thought european countrys were better than us at soccer haha.Looking forward to watching futbol over seas.

Whats wrong with watching a 3 hr game when i have 7 days to do whatever i want.LOL keeps my mind sane ya know.WORD!

3 hour game??!! Are you sure its soccer you've been watching?!!

Seeing as you won't have any lyalties for the tournament, you should do what we do when Scotland don't make it to the finals (i.e. every year for the last ten years :cry:), either support whoever Engalnd are playing :)twisted:) or pick a random team, buy their home or away top (whichever is coolest) and go for it when they're playing!!

Some suggestions:

Croatia (Knocked out England)
Sweden (Henrik Larsson)
Poland (Artur Boruc)
Italy or Germany (Will probably win it)
Spain (You will be on a Spanish Island after all :p)

Enjoy yourself mate!!

Playa d'en Bossa is always good for German and Dutch supporters, plus you can go to Bora Bora after the match.
Pick a country that you feel come connection to or affection for, a team that plays in a style you appreciate, or one that will annoy someone you want to annoy. If your team hasn't qualified (and you live in Europe), why not back a team that will be in your qualifying group for the World Cup, or that qualified from your Euro 2008 group?
I'll probably be supporting Germany because I always have a great time when I go there and it annoys the English, but I'll also be pleased if the Czech Republic win, because we (Northern Ireland) play them in September and it would be great to beat the champions!
Watching football in Ibiza is always great, I remember staying in PDB during Euro 2004, best time I've ever had over there and that definitely played a part.

Support Spain, you know you want to.

Whenever I go to ibiza I always catch the football. You always find other fans in the bar so there's always good banter.

Mark, i'm with you about the Czechs! I'll be supporting Spain though as (1) I'm a Liverpool nut and (2) We beat them in the qualifying group so if they win, we can still say we are better than the champions :p

Green and White Army!

Back