Pile-up on M5 on Friday

kimajy

That was a bad one on Friday night. Drove through that very spot about 20 minutes before it happened .. visibility was pretty poor. Only just seen the carnage on BBC. Motorways are great things for keeping us moving, but absolute death traps if something goes wrong. A great shame for anyone caught up in that in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15607476

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15608704

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read a friends status on how lucky his parents were who were caught up in it, seems his dad had to pull his mum out of the car which was totaled. Both are ok, thankfully.

So heavy! :(

My thoughts are with all those effected by the tragedy

Deliberately didn't look on the link as I'm a tad squeamish but couldn't escape the images on the front pages at the newsagents. Horrific accident, thoughts go out to anyone affected.

Horrific scenes :( I fear daily for my and others lives around me as the majority drive recklessly on our motorways. About time something was done about tailgating and points were introduced like with speeding. That said from what I have heard from a trucker who witnessed it, the whole place just went to pure invisibility from nowhere and then the round of "thuds" were heard as every one who was at a safe distance could stop. Just goes to show what can happen in 1 second and the familys of those involved must be wondering why them right now.
RIP the unfortunate :(

Just 20 minutes down the road from our old house.

Mutterings now that smoke from Taunton RFC bonfire night party could be a factor.

:(

The BF ended up tellin me about this after the near on 5 car pile up i was involved in the previous morning, its scary sh*t it really is :(

Sooo sad :( people really need to take ALOT more care when driving in the rain. i am now a tadge scared of driving in any wet weather now :spank:

I am not sure about how this one happened...but I am sick of seeing huge trucks tailgating motorists on our crowded motorways. A lot of the guilty ones tend to have Eastern European plates ( P, EST and CZ) also for some reason skip trucks.
I often think that if they had to stop in a hurry...well, they wouldn't.

I am not sure about how this one happened...but I am sick of seeing huge trucks tailgating motorists on our crowded motorways. A lot of the guilty ones tend to have Eastern European plates ( P, EST and CZ) also for some reason skip trucks.

Most skip lorry drivers are on a productivity bonus so the more they exchange per day, the more they earn. Bound to tempt them in to speeding....

I agree, but I find the english trucks are worse. I have lost count the number of times another lorry has nearly took me out because they cant judge the distance of his trailer in his mirrors. :evil:
Skip lorries, cement lorries and tipper lorries are still ran on bonus on the whole which also adds to the stupidity of the driving from some lads. It'll never change though the haulage industry is a mess from top to bottom at the minute and nothing will change that right now.
From what I have heard a car was pulling onto the motorway with out room for cars and lorries and continued anyway and basically everyone just smashed into each other. Not been confirmed though so I am going off what another trucker has been told.

speaking of which, a lorry went off a motorway bridge onto the M56 near warrington/chester area today! landed on carriageway below killing driver

speaking of which, a lorry went off a motorway bridge onto the M56 near warrington/chester area today! landed on carriageway below killing driver
I always get nervous in high winds on that bridge :D Poor bloke, could be anything that caused him to veer off road though maybe a heart attack or passing out.

Back