Pick 2 of 3 @Sunday Night

DJ Q.KEY

Hi all,,
As I'm staying for two weeks starting mid of July.
So, let's assume Sunday nights will stay the same, which of those three night would U recommend,
as am a fan of Steve Lawler & Solomun, but Space sunday's looks also awesome night.

What's your opinion among??

We Love == VIVa Warriors == Solomun +1

I've not been to We Love since 2013, and I've got to say I was put off last year as I wasn't a fan of their new direction under new mgmt for 2014. Even further down the commercial route than previous years, and lacked any real identity but having rotating residencies. So depending on which week you went, could either be hit or miss. That said, I'm sure they were busy enough. They certainly didn't scrimp on line-ups!

If you like Lawler & Solomun then I think you've got to visit both those parties. Without doubt, I would say.

Pretty much the same as @white_isle_calling I'm less and less a We Love person these - though I think for them they took the right direction with the amount of competition they now have.

I'm biased, so it would probably be Solomun for me, but depends on his +1. Hopefully we will see more Ame, Dixon, DJ Koze, Mathias Kaden, Kolsch etc. As many say here musically the strongest night at Pacha by miles last season!

I've not personally seen Solomun live but hearing great things obviously!!

We Love last was okay, but probably one of the most disappointing nights of the holiday. Line up was good but didn't really like the vibe at the place, no one really seemed that up for it.

Went to Viva Warriors in Manchester and loved it, great atmosphere, cracking crowd and Lawler/Deetron were on form. If its anything like that on the white isle then for me its the perfect Ibiza night!

All just opinions of each!

We Love last was okay, but probably one of the most disappointing nights of the holiday. Line up was good but didn't really like the vibe at the place, no one really seemed that up for it

Was discussing this with someone the other day. Pre 2010, all roads led to We Love on a Sunday - so the vibe was fantastic! Your whole holiday led up to a massive night at Space on Sunday. Everyone was totally plastered and up for it. Had some of my best times ever up on the Premier Etage.
Now there is more competition both in terms of other nights (Solomun, Viva etc) and also other nights at Space that challenge We Love....

I've not personally seen Solomun live but hearing great things obviously!!
All just opinions of each!

You need to see the BIG MAN at Pacha! Brilliant night.

Got the same problem myself, Viva Warriors or Solomun. But it'll probably be viva warriors just cuz it's handy to where we'll be pre drinking.

Now. I don't want to start too much of a debate..... But....

I totally get that Sankeys has a fantastic music policy, and that Sankeys is a brilliant club! But I can get Sankeys anywhere in the World. Don't most people just want rooms in Ibiza that are unique and can only BE in Ibiza. DC10 Garden / Terrace, Pacha, Amnesia Terrace, Ushuaia, Space Terraza, Any Beach Club in PDB. These are the spaces that I think about all winter, the places that are just unique to Ibiza....

I totally get that Sankeys has a fantastic music policy, and that Sankeys is a brilliant club! Don't most people just want rooms in Ibiza that are unique and can only BE in Ibiza. DC10 Garden / Terrace, Pacha, Amnesia Terrace, Ushuaia, Space Terraza, Any Beach Club in PDB. These are the spaces that I think about all winter, the places that are just unique to Ibiza....

Agree.

I like Sankeys. But when I'm trying to cram all i can into a week, or a few days, it's definitely the bottom of my list.

But if there was somebody there who I really wanted to see, I'd consider opting there over one of the other clubs if their line-ups weren't as appealing. And you would likely save a bit of € too. Certainly on admission, if not so much on drinks nowadays.

All 3 are good night's, do we all think We Love will stick with last years residents?

No idea to be honest. I think the direction under SafeHouse Management worked for them IMO, even though wasn't for me most weeks. If I was them I'd take it slightly more the direction of "Come Together" at Space a few years back (also run by SafeHouse). Some of those lineups were brilliant. Remember some weeks you had the likes of Booka Shade and Adam Beyer in the Discoteca, Arman Van Heldon and DJ Sneak on the Terraza, Sunset Terrace - Monza, Pukka Up in the El Salon etc etc. Was crazily random some weeks, but kind of worked. Like a super market and you could go with friends who had very different tastes. Suppose "Together" (nothing to do with Come Together) has kind of filled that at Amnesia on Tuesdays though....

Sorry but since we love stopped opening from 8 am it has lost its whole best club vibe on a Sunday, year after year it has went in another direction and completely lost it's WE LOVE title. It now has less clubbing hours and got more expensive ( especially for drinks) last year was the first time I have ever been to Ibiza and not done we love, instead we done viva warriors and had a great night, breaks my heart but we love is dead to me all about warriors now on a Sunday ( and musical I'm more into techno but mates twisted my arm about warriors and sankeys was banging, great night )

Back