Photography in Ibiza - where are the hotspots?

spaceman

I want to do some photography whilst on the island.

Can anyone suggest where the most beautiful parts of the island are?

I want to have some fun and take photographs of the natural beauty this island has.

Santa Agnes Valley,
Es Vedra area,
San Joan/North west coast
Cala Conte at sunset
Salt plains at Sallinas can surprise....

The West End at 4am some interesting birds to shoot at that time:)

Thanks for that Bez! I will do some research on all of those.

Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to add to the list?

Have you looked at the winter photo thread?
Most places are identified,you might see somewhere you fancy exploring with your camera....

There are some pretty good views from the pirate watch towers, especially of Es Vedra from Torre des Savinar (near Cala d'Hort).

2quis05.jpg

I made a map of all of the towers - https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?m...0.373035,0.727158&iwloc=0004c09ccaa6a536e5409

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good suggestions on the thread.

Benirras and Puerto de San Miguel are obvious stunning locations for nice photos.

The coastal stretch from Portinatx along to Cala Xuclar and Cala Xarraca is cracking for clifftop photos.

If you want to get down to sea level Cala Xuclar is a good shout (although perhaps not if there is any threat of a heavy rain shower as driving back up the sandy track can then become rather difficult... :eek: ).

Once at the beach there, go left along the rocks and you can get some great shots in both directions, as well as some interesting rock formations. I think if you keep walking left you will reach Cala Xarraca, where I've seen people diving off the rocks. Think I might finally go all the way along to Xarraca this year.

Another good one up north is Aguas Blancas Beach. Some great shots can be had from the clifftops around there.

But no zoom lenses aimed at the beach please :eek:;)
I knew someone would say something like that!

There were several of us with cameras that day so we'd have been a group of pervs not just a lone perv :D

I went back up another day and went on to the beach. The nudey folks were definitely in the minority.

Back