Peter Hook from New Order Exposed!!

Was a big thread about this on the DJ mag forum. You can actually hear 'mixmag' over the music in one clip. He has admitted to it.

Oh no the shame!

He is a bit rent a crowd now in Manchester.

A few of em, Mike Pickering, Grahame Park for instance - need to get over the Hacienda.

I appreciate this is sacreligious somewhat, but all they ever do is 'reunion nights' & it gets a bit tiring!

sorry have to disagree about mike pickering and graeme park.

pickering is now a big hitter with some record label, so i'm sure he has other stuff on his plate than living off the memory of the hac. likewise, graeme park still gets about on the f-list club scene, but nonetheless still playing the music he loves to punters who wanna hear it. nowt wrong with that lad.

if anyone is living off or needs to get over the hac, its peter hook who owns the rights to the name i think.

this is nothing new either, when bez DJs, it's just a premix of classic anthems and Bez MCs over it. that said, it's quite good fun to hear/see! :D

some of the comments on his myspace blog are seriously cringeworthy

if he had an ounce of decency he'd pack it in, its an absolute disgrace.

Dunno about Mike Pickering thesedays but Graeme Park is a legend, one of the best ever House DJ's,pi**es all over majority of the 'new breed of so called superstar dj's thesedays' he still plays new house music as well as the club classics from yesteryear, top bloke as well met him last year in Glasgow.

Mr Park is indeed a nice bloke and is a great dj. Just happens to be that his particular genre is less fashionable these days, his Friday night stints at up yer ronson were legendary, will remember him as the dj who first introduced me to the following:

Do it for love - sub terrania
Tc1992 - funky guitar
Shine on - degrees in motion
you cant turn me out - eddie flashin foulkes
shawn christopher - make my love
give you - djaimin

but bad skills hookey

sorry have to disagree about mike pickering and graeme park.

pickering is now a big hitter with some record label, so i'm sure he has other stuff on his plate than living off the memory of the hac. likewise, graeme park still gets about on the f-list club scene, but nonetheless still playing the music he loves to punters who wanna hear it. nowt wrong with that lad.

if anyone is living off or needs to get over the hac, its peter hook who owns the rights to the name i think.

this is nothing new either, when bez DJs, it's just a premix of classic anthems and Bez MCs over it. that said, it's quite good fun to hear/see! :D

My far from scientific test is carried out by how many hac nights I see in Manchester with these two on the bill. I'm sure they are top blokes & high quality DJ's etc but it does seem to be floggin a horse until it hurts real bad.

HOWEVER I have no primary data.

at it again

Streetrave 19th birthday party in Glasgow
absolute embarassment

blind drunk
clearly a mix cd - only stopping to fade in another one
kidding on that he is looking thru a selection of cds but never putting a new one in
no headphone use
"dropping in" from the other deck all the time - 99% out of time as well
sound levels primed for distortion (g. park sorted this in seconds)

Sasha & Howells however were tremendous

at it again

Streetrave 19th birthday party in Glasgow
absolute embarassment

blind drunk
clearly a mix cd - only stopping to fade in another one
kidding on that he is looking thru a selection of cds but never putting a new one in
no headphone use
"dropping in" from the other deck all the time - 99% out of time as well
sound levels primed for distortion (g. park sorted this in seconds)

Sasha & Howells however were tremendous[/quote

There is hope for me yet!!

Saw he was on the line up and it highlighted to me how out of touch Streetrave are. Everyone knows this boy is a complete embrassment, thanks for letting me know he is still ripping punters off even after he was publicly exposed.

It saddens me that there are loads of people out there who practise for hours every day and know the music, yet this zoomer still gets work. :cry:

I don't know why he doesn't just learn how to DJ. I mean for a musician like him it really wouldn't take long to pick up. At least learn how to beat match.

Back