Pete Tong R1 Show From Eden Roof?

Buckley

Did I miss this is or did it only become apparent last night? One off or all season?

Can't be a complete split from Mambo because I'm sure I saw they were having Wonderland pre-parties at (Mambo owned) Savannah.....

Yeah he was broadcasting from the roof of Eden. It will be there every week cause he plays there every friday and i cant see him recording his show every week.

Im guessing maybe eden have the equipment to do this now like mambo did?

the more recent shows from mambo were pretty pish anyway

Last years was a shambles. The output from the speakers was so low that you couldn't hear the music if you weren't standing directly in front of the booth.

They should do the preparties on Eden's new roof terrace as well before Wonderland starts for ticket holders. That'd be awesome up there as the sun sets...

Does anyone know if Tongy will still be broadcasting live on Radio 1 on Friday's in September? Im going 1st - 15th September and would love to catch one of his shows.

apart from a friday at the start of the season, i always thought it was only august he did he show live.

I heard that the Wonderland night was pretty good on the opening.
Great sets by Pete and Groove Armada.
I couldn't make it this weekend but quite fancy a look in the coming weeks.

i was there and thought it was the biggest load of crap i´ve ever seen.

His set up at rockness was excellent as was his gig on the myspace bus at the same event!!

i was there and thought it was the biggest load of crap i´ve ever seen.

Really...Wow that's not good.
As I say, I didn't get there myself, but I did hear good reports.

What was wrong with it, music, venue, crowd ?

I'm interested to know.

Really...Wow that's not good.
As I say, I didn't get there myself, but I did hear good reports.

What was wrong with it, music, venue, crowd ?

I'm interested to know.

Me too as I was thinking of popping in in August...

I think this is a "horses for courses" issue, anyone with their finger on the pulse knows that Senoir Tong moving from Pacha has put a few noses out of joint and the fact he has moved to what many see as an "inferior" club rubs salt into the wounds. I think until we get a few unbiased reviews in it will be hard to tell. im voting with my feet and going along to see what ists like next week , he attracts alot of investment and big names so we will see. I have been to Pacha (along with most other places) and it was a great experience, I'm going to Wonderland with an open mind.

i thought the groove armada set was a bit ****. it sounds like they're trying too hard to fit into genres that are popular ie appealing to everyone, with classics like born slippy etc it just sounds like a mess :arrow:

i thought the groove armada set was a bit ****. it sounds like they're trying too hard to fit into genres that are popular ie appealing to everyone, with classics like born slippy etc it just sounds like a mess :arrow:

Groove Armada sets tend to go along the lines of

Good reaction to a tune
means they burst the arse out of it for about 5 years

hence Superstylin played 3 times a set in Space

Groove Armada sets tend to go along the lines of

Good reaction to a tune
means they burst the arse out of it for about 5 years

hence Superstylin played 3 times a set in Space

Beat me to it Scott. They were widely abused on Spotlight for a few summers for playing sets (almost) entirely consisting of Superstylin'.

so what do they do for summer 2008

a remake of superstylin with an electro disco vox

genius' :lol:

Back