'People you may know' on facebook!

utagaura

Has anyone else checked out this recent application? (or has it always been there??)

Under 'Friends' and 'Find friends', there is something new called, "People you may know"

Basically it shows people who you may have 3 or more friends in common with that...'YOU MAY KNOW!"

Very exciting ... however I wonder if this is almost verging on being stalker-ish? Because I recognise some names from somewhere and its probably just because I've seen them being tagged in other people's photos, when really I've never met them in my life!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a good idea as im bound to know other people who someone in my friends list might have as a friend, of the 80 freinds i have i actually know the majority of them, the others id know from correspondong online/different forums,etc...facebook rocks.8)

.......and what's that other application they have on Facebook were you can check who checks your profile out the most - that's a bit weird - you can check to see if you have a stalker :lol::lol::lol:

Puppylover - does it actually work?

Also what is social me? I keep getting emails saying someone has tagged me???

whats up helen, scared of people finding out!!

i've got no nothing to worry about cos carla bruni ain't gotta a profile.

meryl, this thing is good but i've just realised it will enable people who you have defriended to see that you've done so!!

.......and what's that other application they have on Facebook were you can check who checks your profile out the most - that's a bit weird - you can check to see if you have a stalker :lol::lol::lol:

All that application does is put your profile picture on their page while you're looking at it, it doesn't actually tell them who's visited. Freaky enough for me to write on my friend's wall to assure her i wasn't stalking her the first time it happened though!

All that application does is put your profile picture on their page while you're looking at it, it doesn't actually tell them who's visited. Freaky enough for me to write on my friend's wall to assure her i wasn't stalking her the first time it happened though!

I was going to say, you could have so many thousands (well not thousands but you get my drift) looking at your page, how would it ever keep up??

Puppylover - does it actually work?

Also what is social me? I keep getting emails saying someone has tagged me???

Dunno - never loaded it, not so much frightened that I might have a stalker, more worried that I am soooo uninteresting - no one has checked my profile...

PMSL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

those applications don't work!!...... at least they better not!! :lol:

whats up helen, scared of people finding out!!

i've got no nothing to worry about cos carla bruni ain't gotta a profile.

meryl, this thing is good but i've just realised it will enable people who you have defriended to see that you've done so!!

or people who have defriended me! :cry: :lol:

That ap freaked me out the first time I saw it too!

I'm on a Russian-language site called Classmates (Odnoklassniki.ru) that actually does show you who's been on your page. It's kind of entertaining to see who's popped by for a peak, especially randoms :lol:

I had a bit of a funny one on facebook - a girl left me a random message in my inbox - I thought she was someone I knew from years back - same name, replied asking her if it was and she said no she just liked my name...... it sounded a bit like her daughters ......:eek::oops: :lol::lol::lol:

I also get loads of random msn's from strange nicknamed people - names I dont know - so I reply saying do I know you? they say "no sorry - btw are you single?"

talk about desperate......

Back