palma question

stephen

Staff member
i'm having a mid season break in palma tomorrow and rather than go onto a dedicated palma forum, or indeed read a guide book, i thought i'd consult the oracle that is the clubbing forum.

It's the wifey's birthday so i've got everything sussed for our two day trip; leisurely lunches, shopping, a table booked at the Misa Brasseria, cocktails in abaco and an alcoholathon at the Ruta Martiana.

The only problem I have is money. Obviously i'm going to ditch the method that has served me well for around 40 years – drawing readies from the hole in the wall as and when required, backed up by a credit card for unexpected large purchases – and just take an enormous wad of cash and travellers' cheques.

How much should I take?

The only problem I have is money. Obviously i'm going to ditch the method that has served me well for around 40 years – drawing readies from the hole in the wall as and when required, backed up by a credit card for unexpected large purchases – and just take an enormous wad of cash and travellers' cheques.

How much should I take?

:lol:

As much as your bank will allow you to withdraw. Demand that it is made entirely of €50 notes. Insist on paying for everything with a new note, regardless of whether you have smaller change from a previous purchase. Store in an illuminous fanny pack/bum bag.

This is my advice.

:)

for a two day trip like that I would usual take at least 10,000 euro in large notes. But pack them into two envelopes, that way if you loose or have one nicked, you still have 5k with which to enjoy your break.
You may even find you return with some cash for a special ice cream on the ferry/plane on your way back.

and just take an enormous wad of cash and travellers' cheques.

I'd skip the travellers' cheques ... does anyone even still know what they are ? You know the rule of thumb ... if the hotel and transport are paid then 400Euros/day should see you comfortably home again with change in your pocket .. unless she wants to buy fashion jewellery or clothing on a shopping spree in which case an extra tonne is almost certainly required. :twisted:

cocktails in abaco

Did you make a VIP reservation? I hear its free, but you have to phone a ten minute VIP booking line thats charged at €2.49 p/m. Don't expect to be seated unless you unroll your rolled up trousers.

Back