Pacha NY

chewie_oo7 said:
u bitter cos u aint invited?

:lol:

i hear jon carters booked to play.

I wouldn't go if I was paid - Carter or no Carter :lol:

I just found clubbing rubbish in New York, they don't seem to get the clubbing thing like we do so a club full of American VIP wannabes would be my idea of hell :twisted:

It will be popular for the first few months like Pacha London was just for the novelty factor and then it will die a death imo.

Barbie said:
I just found clubbing rubbish in New York, they don't seem to get the clubbing thing like we do so a club full of American VIP wannabes would be my idea of hell :twisted:

It will be popular for the first few months like Pacha London was just for the novelty factor and then it will die a death imo.

same ere. (apart from my couple of clubbing buds from NY - the vast majority, just dont get it).

chewie_oo7 said:
friends of mine are going to the VIP launch night.

8)

When is this opening? Must be soon. The hoi polloi can attend the grand opening with Erick for $20.

Clubbing in NY is definitely a joke - Crobar is beyond an nightmare! I saw Roger Sanchez' homecoming in August and was jostled and pushed around by people who registered at 10.9 on the ugly scale. I'm only interested in Pacha for the novelty factor, and for the women in the showers. I hope to see some pasties and red panties, or at least one naked man, before the night is over. 8)

Barbie said:

Thank you!!! :lol:

Completely agree!

Pacha might work in Ibiza but that's more to do with the island than the brand itself.

Outside of Ibiza, Pacha is the McDonalds of clubs. :lol:

NYC is all about hip hop - they do embrace house music in pockets but the only places it'll really work is in out of town clubs like Cleio (??? can't think of the name).

If Pacha are going for wide appeal then it'll be awful.

Wide appeal + NYC = Crobar...has anyone been there on a weekend??? :lol:

(It's not very good.)

Oh noooo!! :confused: I'm going to NY end of the month and was looking forward to clubbing!!! Please say the bars are good??!!!!

Paris400 said:
When is this opening? Must be soon. The hoi polloi can attend the grand opening with Erick for $20.

think its tonight or tomorrow night. its a few days b4 the "official" opening.

jessyg123 said:
Oh noooo!! :confused: I'm going to NY end of the month and was looking forward to clubbing!!! Please say the bars are good??!!!!

if you don't like the whole velvet rope and vip culture, then all you have to do is avoid the mega-clubs that tend to be uber pretentious. try sol (somewhat new) in the meatpacking district for a cool house-in-a-warehouse feel, or any of the smaller more intimate clubs in the east village.

No tears shed here, but at the same time NY needs a large club and a home for the EDM types. I hope the place gets a makeover for the sake of the parties I like to go to.

I always felt going to club like pacha marakeesh and SankeysTimbuktu ect. a bit like skiing in Dubai. Just not right.

Back