Pacha in Hamburg closes down

McRackin

Super Moderator
The new German franchise of the super successful club chain Pacha (whose symbol, the two cherries, is synonymous with funky house lovers) has abruptly been closed. The Hamburg Pacha franchise was pulled by the clubbing giant Pacha because the club failed to meet Pachas high standards of success and popularity.

The problem was mainly due to lack of clubbers - odd for a city with population of more than 1.7 million people, with a popular and infamous Reeperbahn (red light district).

But the 1,200 year old ‘Hafenstadt’ could not muster the numbers for Pacha - despite the club having impressive features such as a restaurant, roof terrace and regular sets from top DJs.
Usually, in Hamburg, the word boredom is unknown. Which would beg the question why they can’t hold down one of the most prolific clubs. Even the kudos of the two cherries was not enough.

Pacha has never had to close a club before; this is the first failure of the brand, who operate with great success twenty clubs worldwide including New York City and London, as well as the super club in Ibiza. Indeed, Pacha claimed that they had "tried to bring a bit of Ibiza party mood to Hamburg" but it clearly was not well received.
All is not lost for German Pacha fans - if there ARE any in Hamburg, they can travel to Munich where Pacha run a much more successful franchise.

wessexscene

Hahahahaha, that was the most funny club I have ever visit Hahaha

Forget this R&B club, nodoby from the House-music-fans in Hamburg is sad about this matter :p

I have never understand how they can received the licence for the name Pacha .......

McRackin said:
The new German franchise of the super successful club chain Pacha (whose symbol, the two cherries, is synonymous with funky house lovers) has abruptly been closed.
Pacha has never had to close a club before; this is the first failure of the brand, who operate with great success twenty clubs worldwide
All is not lost for German Pacha fans ... Munich where Pacha run a much more successful franchise.

wessexscene

:rolleyes: :?:

Pacha-hamburg was closed in December 2005.

Pacha-munic was closed for over one year, reopening 3 months ago, but in a much smaller location.

Pacha-mallorca closed 2 months ago.

And there are other pachas who weren´t successful (pacha-dresden etc.):

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=33842

pacha hamburg was a laugh - and not worth it at all.

but regarding the timestamp of the first message... didn´t pacha hh close down at 31.12.05 or even a couple of weeks earlier?

the club is actually still in business with a completely new concept (price, music, door) and a new name, as far as i know.

surely the brand cant sustain so many developments anyway

+

the island thing is a bit mental...

as far as i remember pacha ibiza only gives out licences (and lots of regulations like deco, lineups, door etc) for about 100.000 euro per year

at least that was said about the reasons of pacha hh closing down.

if it´s true or not...

NetX said:
as far as i remember pacha ibiza only gives out licences (and lots of regulations like deco, lineups, door etc) for about 100.000 euro per year

at least that was said about the reasons of pacha hh closing down.

if it´s true or not...

Pacha Ibiza clearly don't exercise any control over Pacha London's line-ups. 8 weekends in 10 it's complete guff.

Buckley said:
Pacha Ibiza clearly don't exercise any control over Pacha London's line-ups. 8 weekends in 10 it's complete guff.
i think its a bit like the 'michelin stars' thing with restaurants.

90% of the criteria are to do with stuff like decor, toilets, vip area's etc.

buckers gives pacha london a thumbs up 20% of the time. you are being very generous sir.

russ said:
i think its a bit like the 'michelin stars' thing with restaurants.

90% of the criteria are to do with stuff like decor, toilets, vip area's etc.

buckers gives pacha london a thumbs up 20% of the time. you are being very generous sir.

Actually, when you put it like that, you're right. I was holding back. It's guff all the time.

when Pacha London first opened it was brilliant, bringing the Ibiza vibe to london. I had lots of great nights there.

And then it all went wrong. they changed the door staff, introduced weekly promoters which lost its consistency and the bouncers started harrassing the punters for drugs.

Shame

it was too could for house in hamburg

its also **** to be a vip without a crowd. the club was too big for the city.

I think it makes it less 'special' when there are a million little Pacha's all over the place..

not thats its in the same category at all, but when the Hard rock cafe first opened in the 70 in London it was 'cool'... but gradually ended up getting them in places like Edmonton... and then that T-shirt wasn't so cool anymore:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back