Oxygen Festival Ireland

madwhitegiant

REM join Oxegen line-up as festival grows to extra day

05825_161109_346650.JPG
REM have joined the lines for this year’s Oxegen festival – which for the first time will take place over three days.

The festival which takes place between July 11 and 13 at Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, County Kildare will gain a Friday night for the first time.

REM are joining Kings Of Leon who are headlining the festival too after winning a festival-goers vote for who they would most like to see in 2008.

Those who register with the festival’s website will be able to buy Oxegen tickets as part of a pre-sale from 8am on March 3 until 8pm on March 6 – limited to four per person – after that they go on general sale from 8am on March 7.

The Prodigy and Panic At The Disco added to Oxegen 2008

84_Panicatthedisco_L171006_01.jpg

The Prodigy and Panic At The Disco have been added to the bill of Oxegen 2008.

The Feeling also join acts including REM, The Verve, Rage Against The Machine, Kings of Leon, Kaiser Chiefs and The Raconteurs at the event.

Oxegen takes place from July 11-13 2008 at Punchestown Racecourse in County Kildare.

The line-up of the Oxegen festival 2008 is so far:

Stereophonics
REM
The Verve
The Prodigy
Panic At The Disco
The Feeling
Rage Against The Machine
Kings of Leon
Kaiser Chiefs
The Fratellis
Interpol
The Chemical Brothers
Counting Crows
The Raconteurs
Ian Brown
Hot Chip
Justice
Aphex Twin
Alabama 3
Band Of Horses
The Courteeners
Seasick Steve
Future Kings Of Spain

aye your right about the people that go to oxegen being undesirable but its the best lineup theyve had for years. I think electric picnic is starting to get more commercial these days too...

ho much are the tickets? i find it best to avoid orangefest so might go to this...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go.

Im only definite for Reading so far this year!

Well get on a plane missy and come over ;) best airport to fly to for Life Festival is Knock airport in Co Mayo, Dublin is a bit of a journey.

Had to laugh at another post on another message board, some hippy was talking about how this place is spiritual and how people will see Goblins, Leprechauns , Banshees and the likes.
:lol::lol::lol:

Wow ive just noticed there The Verve are playing Oxegen, one of my fav bands from the 1990's, it's definitely a decent line-up but i think ill resist the tempatation to go, they need to get tough on these undesirables who go to oxegen, last year was a fiasco people's tents getting burned and robbed,etc:confused:

Wow ive just noticed there The Verve are playing Oxegen, one of my fav bands from the 1990's, it's definitely a decent line-up but i think ill resist the tempatation to go, they need to get tough on these undesirables who go to oxegen, last year was a fiasco people's tents getting burned and robbed,etc:confused:

That happened at Reading, people went crazy on the last night.

Back