Orbital...

not a techno fan but a mate dragged me to an orbital gig at somerset house in london back in 2002 and i was sold on them...

Seen Orbital quite a few times, great live act. What pisses me off is the amount of time they have split up and got back together. Always with big announcements.

saw them a couple of times at Brixton Ac. Maybe the warm Red Stripe I was drinking had hallucinogenic properties OR I actually was surrounded by an entire army of identical bald 45 year olds with torches tucked behind their ears. Belfast and the Opus III one that isn't quite Opus III (It's a fine night tonight?) are the big tunes. The one with the Belinda Carlisle sample perhaps less so. And there my interest fizzles out. When's the comeback tour?

Ive seen them 3 times, while most of their music is pretty weird, they have done some classics, chime, belfast, halycon, earth is burning... I do like their version of Dr Who too!

Brown album is the best

Orbital are playing a festival here in Ireland in August, debating whether to buy a day ticket to see them, have never seen them live before!

They are defo worth seeing live, just for the classics chime/belfast/halycon etc, but overall I would class them in the weird music category!

Think I have seen four of their farewell gigs over the years.

They must be related to Danny 'retire 10 times and come back even cheesier each time' Rampling.

They love him up here in Nottingham mind. Says alot about the house music scene here.

They are defo worth seeing live, just for the classics chime/belfast/halycon etc, but overall I would class them in the weird music category!
I definitely like their music but for me it's always been put on in the wee hours of the morning after a heavy night just before I go to bed haha ( I've always found it helps me relax and come down ) so not sure how they would be live early evening when i'm still relatively sober but only one way to find out! :)

This looks good.. great location on the river just outside Cork... After partys will be great8091

Son the at beatherder twice.... decent and well worth a watch/listen... some of their stuff definitely “different”! Didn’t blow my mind either time but Each to their own

Back