Orbital

Dirk

Saw them in Glasgow on Saturday night and absolutely amazing gig! (the Security at the venue were a joke though)

Any one else seen or seeing them? The new stuff off Wonky went down a treat live

Saw them at Global Gathering in 2009.

It's not usually my cup of tea, excellent performance though.

Saw them in Glasgow too. Good show, but i was shockingly low on energy and couldn't get in the zone drink-wise. :evil: That new dubstep-ish track was great.

What were the security up to?! Didn't notice them being a pain inside, but one of the people on the door tried to freak me out with a "Are you okay" then long wait while she assessed me when I was barely even tipsy. :rolleyes:

heard good reports on the glasgow gig from the people i was talking to in the arches for pressure afterwards., kinda wish i'd went now.

still debating going to Bloc, so would see orbital then rather than pay £30 to see them solo.

Saw them in Glasgow too. Good show, but i was shockingly low on energy and couldn't get in the zone drink-wise. :evil: That new dubstep-ish track was great.

What were the security up to?! Didn't notice them being a pain inside, but one of the people on the door tried to freak me out with a "Are you okay" then long wait while she assessed me when I was barely even tipsy. :rolleyes:

Exactly that.

We wanted to see the Japanese Popstars who were supporting so went early. The guy asked how many beers we had drunk and stared at us face to face, very intimidating. We had three pints beforehand but were sent to the cafe next door for coffee and water! There was nothing wrong with us! Loads more people in the same cafe who had been told the same thing.

We then went back a second time and my mate was told he had 'floated' up to the steps. Advised to go for a couple of beers this time? We eventually got in 10 mins before Orbital and missed all the support.

Exactly that.

We wanted to see the Japanese Popstars who were supporting so went early. The guy asked how many beers we had drunk and stared at us face to face, very intimidating. We had three pints beforehand but were sent to the cafe next door for coffee and water! There was nothing wrong with us! Loads more people in the same cafe who had been told the same thing.

We then went back a second time and my mate was told he had 'floated' up to the steps. Advised to go for a couple of beers this time? We eventually got in 10 mins before Orbital and missed all the support.

That sucks! I thought I'd just been unlucky in getting a nazi bouncer. Security there not normally that bad, though was once searched coming out of the bogs. Seeing New Order there in a couple of weeks and hope they calm it down a bit... Doesn't make for a good start when you're on edge just walking into a venue. :rolleyes: (Tix for bands like New Order and Orbital aren't exactly cheap, so imagine if some twunt decides you're not getting in because a couple of beers is 'too much'. :evil:) People were definitely, err, getting carried away a bit later on inside, though. :lol:

That sucks! I thought I'd just been unlucky in getting a nazi bouncer. Security there not normally that bad, though was once searched coming out of the bogs. Seeing New Order there in a couple of weeks and hope they calm it down a bit... Doesn't make for a good start when you're on edge just walking into a venue. :rolleyes: (Tix for bands like New Order and Orbital aren't exactly cheap, so imagine if some twunt decides you're not getting in because a couple of beers is 'too much'. :evil:) People were definitely, err, getting carried away a bit later on inside, though. :lol:
security at the o2 for dance events is crap usually, although a lot worse for the hardcore /gabber/old skool nights....have to take everything out of pockets and put into a wee plastic bag as though going through security at the airport, lot of the guys have to take trainers off:evil::evil:

i went to one night, the girl wasnt going to let me because i didnt have any photo id...baring in mind i'm over 30 (and sadly look it!!) never bother taking photo id...last thing im doing is taking my passport to a gabber night for it to be runied! just said to her, dont be so daft im obviously over 21 and eventually she let me in...now since i dont drink, was talking to her quite reasonably she relented, but if i'd been under the influence of anything/even slightly/smelt of booze, i'd have got a knockback.

still, couldve been worse, police had sniffer dogs at the barras for the swedish house mafia night last year!!

im sure at Warehouse Project they had sniffer dogs on the door as well.

Sniffer dogs at the O2 Academy in Brixton on Saturday. Seems to becoming a more regular sight at dance events. Usually (from when I used to go), they were dogs in and around Faringdon station too for Fabric and Turnmills.

They should be out protecting drunk women on the streets! This country is going down the tubes.

security at the o2 for dance events is crap usually, although a lot worse for the hardcore /gabber/old skool nights....have to take everything out of pockets and put into a wee plastic bag as though going through security at the airport, lot of the guys have to take trainers off:evil::evil:

The searching doesn't bother me too much. This happens at a few other Glasgow venues too almost as routine. It's the questioning of how much you've had to drink, which can lead to refusal or a 'sober up and come back later' if you've had anything at all.

This particluar instance quite weirded me out, as it involved her (yes, a bloody woman :lol:) looking at me for ages after asking if I was okay, as if trying to freak me out.

Agree, expect the searches but not 10 question on what I have had to drink and how much.

Little Hitlers who don't want to see others enjoy themselves.

The sniffer dog at whp in manchester can't really be a sniffer dog, think they have it for show and just pull people randomly- they only do a normal bouncer search anyway

Friends who went to the new venue sunday said there were dogs aswell, but usual success rate unfortuantely

My mate went to Orbital last night , said it was the best thing he'd seen in a while and the sound in Albert Hall was really good

The sniffer dog at whp in manchester can't really be a sniffer dog, think they have it for show and just pull people randomly- they only do a normal bouncer search anyway

Friends who went to the new venue sunday said there were dogs aswell, but usual success rate unfortuantely

They have the dogs there as a deterrent but they are mostly just for show, exception being new openings like the new WHP and large scale events (cocoon in the park for example), but even then most of them are just 'normal' untrained dogs. If you ever wondered why there were lot's of people trying to sell you stuff inside the old WHP it's simply because it costs too much for the police to have handlers with real sniffer dogs there on different nights week in week out for months.

Back