Opinions please: A good 'full on night' that isn't a club..

fizzle

I'd be interested to hear where peeps think is a good place for a big 'full on' night out, that isn't one of the big clubs. I've done all the clubs, in previous years, and will prolly go to Space for Sanchez this year, but I am now looking for more alternative (but good) options. I can be fairly open minded about music, but what I don't want to do is end up somewhere that's dying by 3am. So anyone got any glowing reports or ideas they'd like to share...?

Thanks...:)

I'd be interested to hear where peeps think is a good place for a big 'full on' night out, that isn't one of the big clubs. I've done all the clubs, in previous years, and will prolly go to Space for Sanchez this year, but I am now looking for more alternative (but good) options. I can be fairly open minded about music, but what I don't want to do is end up somewhere that's dying by 3am. So anyone got any glowing reports or ideas they'd like to share...?

Thanks...:)

Have you been to underground - just up from Amesia?

You could check out the new club Sankeys

Aura is another good small, alternative club

Have you been to one of the Zoo parties at Gala Night? Party ends at midnight but outdoor clubbing is nice.
and there are the various beach clubs in Pdb (Bora Bora, Ushuaia, Sands, La Plage - check listings on those last 3 as they're not every day). Parties also end at midnight but you could move on from there.

Our good friend McRackin maintains a thread of other big club alternatives: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=70933

And there are listings for several late night bars and alternative clubs in this section of the forum:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Don't plan ANYTHING, just go out and see what happens, they can often be the best nights!
:)

Thats the only problem with Underground, it shuts at 4ish although it is bouncing right up until it closes. But I think you will like it. This thread is kind of the way I'm thinking these days. I prefer Zoo, Underground, DC10, Ushuiaia (the old version) to the big clubs. I think more beach parties or smaller venues are the way forward. Let the big clubs deal with the commercial stuff so the children have somewhere to go but we really need more intimate and banging places. I'm looking forward to trying out that new Sankey's place

Back