Opening VS Closing parties

Handsolo

I've only ever been in July. In your opinion and from experience, when are the best parties held and why? And would you say the vibe is noticeably during these times?

My preference is late September but I've been in June before and it was a good vibe. Both get very busy though but tend to have extended opening hours. I'm less inclined to pay 60 euros to be crammed into a club like a sardine these days. Its very different crowd wise from July/August.

With the exception of this year i've been to most of the Opening and Closing parties each year for the past 4yrs (last week of May/first few days of June and first week or so of October) and i'd have to say that Closing parties are better as the opening hours seem to go on a lot longer (DC-10 closed at 12pm and Space closed at about 11am last year at their Closing parties)... Both Openings and closings are pretty much as busy as each other and for me the weather has been similar as well (high 20's and low 30's almost everyday)... I also prefer Closing parties as once Sankey's finishes there's pretty much no more clubs open so it's easier to chill out and the island is quieter if you want to take it easy after a load of parties....

:)

Only been to one of each so no expert, but both the mrs and I enjoyed the openings better. The vibe at both was very good, amnesia's closing was exellent but still enjoyed Space Opening party more. But staying in Playa D'en Bossa was pretty depressing for the closing parties, it was like a ghost town-no food or beer on shelfs! People were bursting with excitement at the Opening parties, workers etc had the whole season it front of them. The closing seemed like a good goodbye party

Only been to one of each so no expert, but both the mrs and I enjoyed the openings better. The vibe at both was very good, amnesia's closing was exellent but still enjoyed Space Opening party more. But staying in Playa D'en Bossa was pretty depressing for the closing parties, it was like a ghost town-no food or beer on shelfs! People were bursting with excitement at the Opening parties, workers etc had the whole season it front of them. The closing seemed like a good goodbye party

I felt the same last Year at the closings. I flew out of ibiza at the end of June just as the island was getting into full swing and when I returned at the start of October it was fading away. Thought the island looked really bare in comparison and the rain never helped. That said there was still a good vibe about the place at the end of the season, but the openings are definitely more my cup of tea!

Inside the clubs there wasn't too much different imo, both were great. Just out and about, the beaches/restaurants just felt different?!? Going over to meet friends in a dead san an, not much crazyness on the street and Bossa- can't imagine staying there again around the same time.

First year without a trip to the magical island-but we'e already planning next years opening parties

By the sounds of it I think the opening parties are more my cup of tea. Seeing Ibiza not as busy as usual might get me depressed. I need the craziness lol. Will most probably do a weekend for the closing parties and save the longer trips for earlier in the season. Going in July this year and can't wait!

Don't understand the whole buzz about opening and closing week. A bit like clubbing at New Year, it is implied it is going to be the best night of your life and ends up a disappointment.

Why go when you will be packed into a club and unable to move/dance when you can go any other week to get properly lost in the music.

Honest question, is it more about saying you have been there than anything else?

People, including my self, probably do go at these two times to say they've experienced them. But the line ups are usually quite strong, other than this yer. And the atmosphere at the opening was certainly different to all the other years I've been. Maybe it's just clubs full of people expecting it to be different, and therefore making it different? Who knows!

I agree about clubbing nye though, 12 o'clock usually sucks. Might try ibiza nye this, just to say I've been....

Well for me, my birthday is late September (clue in the Earth Wind & Fire song September) and I get new holiday entitlement in October so last week in September always appeals to me as I can take a week off in October to recover. When I've been in July and August it was very hot and mental busy everywhere, full of people who in the main could have been anywhere.

There also seems to be a bit of confusion amongst some as to what are openings and closings. Ive lost count of the amount of people who say to me they are going openings or closings when actually they are just going in June or September. They just want to use the term opening or closing because they think it makes them a bit more in the know.

I went twice last year. First time was first few days of june and it was lovely. Circo loco was a dream freedom to move and like dirk says you could really lose yourself in the music. Second time was end of sept. ENTER closing although it was a great ngt it was hard work. The main room was a sweat box and very pushy. Going end of sept again this year but thats more to do with finances and needing the time to save.

I tend to go September, but been every other month over the summer season over the years. You may still catch some of the earlier closing nights and most of your Brits abroad are back for the football season.

Back