opening parties cancelled?

Well... you can make it to the Es Paradis opening party haha, but what a bunch of loonytoons!!!

i agree with olly. sometimes people don't really get the bigger picture.

this post would have appeared on the main site right hand side half way down. under latest threads http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night_i.htm

a 100k people might have seen it and not clicked through and just taken it at face value. too far fetched you say?

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/reviews/2010/ibiza_2011_i.htm

the reason we had to do that article is because not everyone is as clued up about what's going on here. when the afterhours law kicked in, the word that filtered through to the masses wasn't that you couldn't party in the day anymore, it was that you couldn't party at all. countless people would have decided not to come.

another example, some guy from the german forum sold photos to a german newspaper last year about the fire at benirras, a tiny fire all things considered, but it came to be that people got the impression the whole north of the island was ablaze and unsafe to visit.

as someone who personally is directly affected by the island's image and prosperity, stuff like fronty's post and more subtly this, do nobody any favours. people will read fronty's post and have the impression that ibiza is rife for theft from apartments and hotels, when in fact one of the major attractions of ibiza is the fact there is practically no crime at all.

the point is that ibiza has spent decades (longer) with the unique situation of everyone thinking they know the island before they come, everyone has a preconception, which if positive is usually confirmed and if negative usually reversed. but if people don't come in the first place, that chance is gone.

so the post got some people's attention. why didn't you say something like "Good News - The dump that is New Jersey will be no more", or maybe even more personal, we could go into your job or some other stereotype.

and yes, i'm totally making too much of this.

this post would have appeared on the main site right hand side half way down. under latest threads http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night_i.htm

a 100k people might have seen it and not clicked through and just taken it at face value. too far fetched you say?

the reason we had to do that article is because not everyone is as clued up about what's going on here. when the afterhours law kicked in, the word that filtered through to the masses wasn't that you couldn't party in the day anymore, it was that you couldn't party at all. countless people would have decided not to come.

another example, some guy from the german forum sold photos to a german newspaper last year about the fire at benirras, a tiny fire all things considered, but it came to be that people got the impression the whole north of the island was ablaze and unsafe to visit.

as someone who personally is directly affected by the island's image and prosperity, stuff like fronty's post and more subtly this, do nobody any favours. people will read fronty's post and have the impression that ibiza is rife for theft from apartments and hotels, when in fact one of the major attractions of ibiza is the fact there is practically no crime at all.

the point is that ibiza has spent decades (longer) with the unique situation of everyone thinking they know the island before they come, everyone has a preconception, which if positive is usually confirmed and if negative usually reversed. but if people don't come in the first place, that chance is gone.

so the post got some people's attention. why didn't you say something like "Good News - The dump that is New Jersey will be no more", or maybe even more personal, we could go into your job or some other stereotype.

and yes, i'm totally making too much of this.
The thread was tongue in cheek. I put a question mark so that if by chance someone was a nutter all they had to do was read the first line inside and see it only had a passing effect on the island if what the god people said was true. It is no different that the hangover club or other such banter here.

and yes, i'm totally making too much of this.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

The thread was tongue in cheek. I put a question mark so that if by chance someone was a nutter all they had to do was read the first line inside and see it only had a passing effect on the island if what the god people said was true. It is no different that the hangover club or other such banter here.

what's the hangover club got to do with it?

also, you seem to have faith in the general intelligence of people.

don't you remember when bora bora, amnesia and dc10 got closed in june 2007, people were being tinned food in bulk and hiding in the basement!

don't you remember when bora bora, amnesia and dc10 got closed in june 2007, people were being tinned food in bulk and hiding in the basement!

I'm going back to playing with Robder new toy

I hope you meant buying tinned food. Being it??? I really wouldn't want whatever they were on....

:lol::lol::lol:

Back