Opening parties 2014...

Darren Millar

yes I know the season isn't even over yet and i'm talking about 2014, but I have some fairly serious organisational issues that are brewing. I have friends home from Oz in June for a few weeks and we are going with them so it turned out we really only had 1 week that would suit everyone so we are booked into bossa park hotel from 4th-11th June. I thought all the opening parties were end of may, however, I have just discovered a lot of the weekly guest residencies only start in mid-late june, and in some cases July. Have I totally missed the boat on this one and deprived myself of the proper ibiza experience? Based on this years dates I will now be over for amnesia opening, pacha's weekyl programme is running (wasn't really fussed on pacha), DC10 (all over it), the we love opening (would be awesome to catch this), but some of the other weeklys, particularly at sankeys where I was planning on spending a fair chunk of my holiday, I will miss as they haven't started yet. Can anyone tell me (stivi your input here would be appreciated) if Sankeys etc will still be open even if the big weekly residencies haven't started yet? I'll be devastated if I get over and miss out on a lot of nights because we were limited to those dates

Last edited:
hi darren,

hm to be frank, you are booked in a somewhat quiet-ish period. as you correctly say, normally amnesia and we love openings are around these dates and both of these nights are superb. plus dc10 on mondays is on and all nights at pacha are running and maybe you'll even catch cocoon opening (don't miss the afters). but I do presume sankeys will operate the same way they did this year and the year before, meaning do the opening weekend with a few parties and then get quiet again till about the 20th of june. obviously none of this is confirmed, this is just what I think it will be like. at space, you'll have some cool one-off nights (see this year's calendar) and there is enough stuff going on generally so you won't be bored, but it's definitely not like in peak season where you have a huge choice of nights every day of the week.

Me n the girls are in Ibiza 23rd-27th may and are hoping to catch space opening. I hope we're not too early!! x

Any one have an idea if the space opening will be on the Sunday 24th of may or on the 31st next season.

theoretically it should be 24th may but am not too sure about that yet. we'll let you know asap of course

Darren, I wouldn't worry about it, you'll still have a great time. Instead of going at it hard every night of your holiday, have some downtime, hire a car and explore the island with your friends. So long as theres enough on to go out a few times in a week. Theres still plenty going on in bars etc. Might even get a session at Underground or similar.

Back