Old school vs WTF is this crap they're playing?

Music.

There is no compaison from old to new. Each generation believes it's music is the best. It doesn't matter if your in to rock, jazz, hip-hop, or drum-and-base.

What you grew up with is what you know. The older stuff is for older people.

That being stated, what the hell is wrong with you young people and your fuzzy, talentless squeeks and squaks?

Try this...next time your rolling your ass off: listen to something melodic with some words other than "arond the world." one million times. When I was a boy and we had to walk uphill to school in the snow in both directions, music meant something.

It's no wonder there is not much "pulling" in Ibiza. Squeek, Squeek, Sqwak, Sqwak, (repeat 4 thousand times). Now what do you feel like doing? Lets stare at a glow stick for a couple more hours, suck on a paciifier, and then go home. Your brain is exhausted from thinking nothing. Now that's fun! NOT! The only pulling will be your own pud! Is this what AIDS has done to the fun? I feel like I have been in a coma and awakened to a nighmare where everyone is too scared to enjoy themselves any more.

I suppose ignorance is bliss. Alas, to be young and not know what I know. The evenings would only sweeter be. But I digress...I am learned of the ways of the olden times.

I'm not sorry about the ranting...I miss meeting someone out and balling your brains out for hours. Of course I blame the music and not the lack of hair or the age lines associated with being 40.

Where is the love? It died when music became "push another button on the casio keyboard." Bitter much? Sure, but i would love for just one night when you could bring back George Clinton, The Bolshoi, George Lamond, Erasure, Echo and the Bunnymen, Noel, Peter Murphy, Prince, Ministry, Tears for Fears, The Cure, Debbie Harry, Sa-Fire, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Information Society, Depeche Mode, The Psychadelic Furs, Shriekback, The Cult, NeW oRdEr, Yaz, 9 Inch Nails, The Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk, Duran2, Jean-Michael Jarre, and hell, even Malli Vanilli!

The comparison to what is being played in dance clubs today? None. It only takes a laptop with effects buttons to be considered an "artist." Old school is just that. A school of real music that the lazy today grab pieces of or "sample" to present as their own.

Not all, of course, fit this groove. Again, I don't feel sorry for making this comment as the talented refuse to stick up for themselves by making enough good music to overpower the majority of squeek - squeek - squak - squak overwhelming the club scene for the past 10 years.

If only I had a half of a million to invest in a trendy club that would bring back the old times? Let's call it a "cash eraser" as that is what would happen to your investment. No one is interested in re-hashing the past and the future looks like more of the same.

Blah....

See you in early September Ibiza for the greatest time of my life.

Squeek - Squeek - Squak - Squak -

Smile, sigh, break off another piece.

If I was going to bring back something from the past it was that the dance clubs were "Underground". in that it was different from the mainstream, now everyone does it. Before the majority of people used to laugh at you for going raving in some dingy dark sweaty warehouse type club when they "mr and mrs Normal" were still dancing around their handbags to Rick Ashley. There was never any posing, no flamboyant dress code, just get in get off your head and dance like a complete Spaz for hours. We used to dress for the gym to go clubbing as you knew it was going to be a serious work out.
So when everyone piles into these super clubs, to see their super heros on the decks thats not what its about for me. Were now being sold a product that has been distilled from the past, packaged like a brand.
I like your idea of an old school club, but it would have to be in an old industrial building, minimal lighting and luxuries, and just be about dancing, not VIP, Not superstar DJ's,
I wonder if this would work or do the slick clubbers of today demand naked girls in martini glasses, ridiculous bar prices, and the false sense of importance that a 300 euro VIP seat gives you.
That Zoo place sounds near to the mark. I'm going to check that out this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
... It's no wonder there is not much "pulling" in Ibiza ...
... Squeek, Squeek, Sqwak, Sqwak, (repeat 4 thousand times) ....
... squeek - squeek - squak - squak ...
.. Squeek - Squeek - Squak - Squak ...
2vl3yn7.gif

Where is the love? It died when music became "push another button on the casio keyboard." Bitter much? Sure, but i would love for just one night when you could bring back George Clinton, The Bolshoi, George Lamond, Erasure, Echo and the Bunnymen, Noel, Peter Murphy, Prince, Ministry, Tears for Fears, The Cure, Debbie Harry, Sa-Fire, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Information Society, Depeche Mode, The Psychadelic Furs, Shriekback, The Cult, NeW oRdEr, Yaz, 9 Inch Nails, The Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk, Duran2, Jean-Michael Jarre, and hell, even Malli Vanilli!
Have you been looking through my music collection?!?!

Except Milli Vanilli... that has got to be a joke :lol:

yep was believable and I was not far off agreeing until the milli vanilli bit :lol::lol:

Have a good one
Tim

Ps any one up for

Flip & Fill
Scooter
Frisco
N-Trance
MC Domino

Es Paridis 22nd July

MV haters

You might have said you're sorry.
Could have said you were wrong.
But, no, you couldn't do that,
no, no, had to prove you were strong.
If you hadn't been so misguided,
she might still be there with you.

You let her walk away,
now it just don't feel the same.
Gotta blame it on something,
Gotta blame it on something...

Blame it on the rain, it was falling, falling.
Blame it on the stars, that fell at night.
Whatever you do, don't put the blame on you.
Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah.

or even:

I'm in love with you girl cause your on my mind,
your the one i think about almost every time,
I'm just in love girl..I'm so in love girl.
I'm just in love girl, and it's true.
I'm in love with you girl.

and of course:

Ba-ba-ba-ba-baby.
Don't forget my number.
Ba-ba-ba-ba-baby.
Your love will see me through.

Hey, at least I didn't expose my secret love of Hanson.
(no i dont really like Hanson but it's equally cheesey)

still around

What a bunch of negative vibes...

Expensive drinks, excessive police presence, tough to get a cab, no music on the beach at bora, no daytime parties, no hooking up..

is there nothing that is fun in ibiza any more?

Its mainly Brits on here and there is nothing a Brit likes than a good old moan. Take it all with a pinch of salt.
I'm 20 years to old for this lark, hate the superclub VIP rip off and hate the bar prices, but I know my time in Ibiza next wek will be great.
The sun will be shining, there's going to be loud music and partys nearly all day, I'm going with 20 mates, booze cruises, Cafe Del Mar sunset drinking sesh's. Its going to be a great holiday. I'm living in Norway at the mo and you might as well be on a different planet to Ibiza, (other than the bar prices will not be a shock to me).
If I can't enjoy myself in Ibiza with 20 mates then it really is "pipe and slippers time", and I'm sure I'm quite a few years off that.

A history

Well, the old "if you don't study history your bound to repeat it" vibe is mostly true.

Growing up in New Orleans gave me a unique perespective as there are area's where they never close the bars.

Of course, not too far away is Baton Rouge where everything closes at 2AM.

When there's a closing time, people actually hook up. It's like a dating deadline. When it never (or seems to never) end, people die out one by one and since there is no pressure, nothing happens as singles mostly tire and go home one by one.

Give me a closing time and a sense of urgency over fading away alone every time.

Grandpa has spoken.

of course theres the varitible...

Perhaps I have under-estimated the verbal sparring power of the European!

Touche? That is all you came up with to keep this thread going?

How will I ever feed my incredible American ego with "Touche?"

Back