old GIT lol

Blue-87

Hey guys im a newbie so go easy on me :p

wanted some peoples views on me working a season in ibiza.. ive always wanted to work on the island been 3 times now and always lose my bottle :/ so i decided 2013 its getting done! my only worry is do you think i will be out of place or too old for the work lark?? im going to be 26 this july :O

cheers for any replies :D

Thought you were gonna say you were 50-odd, you'll be fine at 26 and won't stick out at all. In Ibiza no one ever sticks out :) Get it done mate!

One of the guys from this board was in his 30s and he loved it. If you've got the right focus to work, rather than party every single night, you'll do fine.

I'm 28 and going out to work the summer 2013 season. I've been 8 times over the last 10 years and have always wanted to do it.

I'm going out on my own at the end of May I think to do a season. When are you thinking of heading out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey cheers for the replies guys :D

im finishing off my sparks course early june so soon as thats done im planning on heading out.......just fingers crossed im not too late finding a place to kip and work

Good grief 26? I thought you were gonna say you were in your 40s or 50s!!! We're here and working and I'm 38 and my husband is 52!!! (And husband was working as a dj/compere last season!) :)

Hey cheers for the replies guys :D

im finishing off my sparks course early june so soon as thats done im planning on heading out.......just fingers crossed im not too late finding a place to kip and work

Should be getting quite busy out there early June. Some people go early in April, or beginning of May to get the best pick of the jobs, but on the other hand trade is slower meaning less work until late May, early June. Therefore getting there late May /early June means that once you find a job you should be getting your shifts in no problem!

:D feel like I've got loads of years left in me lol cheers again for all the replies. Yer I guess i gotta really give it the gift of the gab and hope I find work... If not it will be one long arse holiday :p

tommy87 and Blue-87, where are you thinking of staying when you go over? San Antonio? What sort of jobs are you hoping to get?

Yer I was looking at San an mate. Well I dj but everyone does don't they lol worked in bars for good knows how long so either of them would be great! If not I don't really know mate as long as it pays for my place drink and food I don't care lol

Back