Oi, Londoners....

DanielR

Couple of questions for you.

Heading to Fabric at the end of next month, Saturday 29th November.

Never been before WOO HOO.:D

We are getting a flight down which gets us to London at 910pm on the Saturday and a flight home at midday on Sunday, no hotel. Fabric shuts at 8 so no point in booking a hotel.

Best way to get from airport to a suitable watering hole near Fabric? How much would a taxi be?

Any suggestions for said watering hole?

Getting back to Stanstead the next morning, what would be the best plan?

Is there usually a big Q at Fabric?

Any other tips?

Cheers.

Stansted Express go straight to Liverpool Street https://www.stanstedexpress.com/index.asp?SID={3D40146D-775C-4473-9F14-9F1DF43466B9}

Then 5 mins on tube (Circle or Metropolitan) to Farringdon, no need to bother with taxis.

Same going back the next day altho check there's no engineering works on Stansted Express line cos you'll end up on a replacement bus service that takes forever :spank:

There's loads of drinking establishments in Farringon, depends what you're after - poncey bar, old man's pub. pre-clubbing bar.......Smiths of Smithfields is almost next door to Fabric if you want somewhere right on your doorstep.

I don't tend to go to Fabric much as I'm not a big fan of the place but yes there will be nightmare queues so def get tickets in advance.

If u wana save cash just booze it up in weatherspoons in liverpool st station where the train from stanstead will drop u off. Fabric is funny in that if u go early , no queue , go late no queue , go at 12 , MASSSSSSSIVE queue! but dont be put off it actualy moved faster than it looks. even if its round the corner.If u got time n wana hear some tunes go cafe 1001 which is 5 mins walk from liverpool st n will have ppl that have been out since friday lurking in the corners so always fun.

p.s yeah as said if can get ticetcs before then do it

They always play very good minimal/tech in The Castle which is just round the corner from Fabric (Come out of Farringdon Station, turn left) and has been a favourite meeting place for many Fabric (Turnmills :cry: ) regulars for years.

They always play very good minimal/tech in The Castle which is just round the corner from Fabric (Come out of Farringdon Station, turn left) and has been a favourite meeting place for many Fabric (Turnmills :cry: ) regulars for years.

I'll second that - The Castle is ace

ember's ok too (on turnmill street)

beer is 4ish for a bottle i think , vodka redbull around 6 .

Tip - to get the water to come out the taps press the foot peddle on the floor. Its so funny seeing ppl off their face trying to work out how to get water out the taps!

Theres also a Weatherspoons pub very near Farringdon Station. Walk right when you leave the Station, it's about 300 yards.

Theres also a Weatherspoons pub very near Farringdon Station. Walk right when you leave the Station, it's about 300 yards.

it's cheap but like most weatherspoons it's full of incontinent old men too and has no music..

Not long now. Got VIP Guestlists sorted thankfully so won't have to wait in the Q.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere for pre-Fabric drinks where I'm likely to hear some good disco? Ideally not too expensive and not too busy. I'm meeting some friends so somewhere we can sit about and have a good chin-wag??

Cheers.

Back