Ocean Beach Club - Ever been??

kate2014

I'm thinking about going to Ocean Beach during the day at some point in our September trip to Ibiza.

I've never been before as last time I went to Ibiza it didn't exist!

I'm thinking about hiring a day bed seeing as we will probably be there for a while. I'm guessing we will be spending the minimum spend on food/drinks anyway between the two of us throughout the day judging by their prices.

From experience, can anyone tell me what the atmosphere is like here? Is it a wild party all day, full of hungover people just sunbathing or full of posers and wannabes?

Knowing the general backlash against this place when it was opened, I imagine the posers and wannabes option is the one that is going to come back here.

Never been baring a quick walk past but the above 2 posts sum up what I've heard.

I don't think you'll find a lot of love for Ocean Beach on here judging from previous threads.

By the way, the backlash I'm talking about was the one from this forum. Not a place particularly embraced by Spotlighters.

Some of our group went in 2012. All London girls. They seemed to enjoy it.

Been past it on the way back to our hotel.....had a nosey and couldn't see the point on paying 10-15€ when there isn't even any beach, when we could just sit by the pool next to the beach in our all inclusive hotel just round the corner

No brainer to me:p

Full of knob jockeys who still stay with their mum and dads back home and spray champagne they have purchased for a hundred euros on their maxed out credit cards.

Enjoy.

Me and my wife went for a couple of hours in the evening, it was a hed kandi pool party. The music was actually very good and it was still quite hot so the pool was very nice to bath, dance in and generally party around.

We didnt pay to get in as met one of the promoters who put us on the guest list. saved us all of 30 euros but as it was the evening probably just wanted us through the door.

The place is very much a different crowd to that you would meet in clubs such as Space, DC 10, Amnesia

Very much a chilled atmosphere where drinking and posing is very much the order of the day. Towie type of people.

However if you are looking for a relaxed day of good house style music then it is a great place to unwind from a big big trance/techno night the day before.

the above commentor is correct if you are already in an all inclusive hotel with a nice pool by the beach then stay there but if you want a bit of luxury and one of the nicest day parties go to ocean beach club.

no doubt occ is a big success-story !
i went to the opening ... not that this place is my taste but their were beauties everywhere and it was packed.
like a las vegas poolparty .. almost all girls in highheels and styling (makeup etc).like going to.pacha or whereever - but with bikinis. crazy sexy some .. some not .. coolest thing is that girlinaglass and a crane is lifting that thing with the girl(s) inside in the middle or above the party ! they have some vw beetle too for that kind of fun but check it out by yourself ...

I've went a couple of times the year it opened as stayed at the THB Bahia so had free entry. Nothing great and full of towie mongs. Was basically snapback central.

My mate played for a hour so went in , my boy had a dip in the pool, this was mid May!! Nice chilled very quiet except the sounds , I thought it was ok for San an 5e a beer! Not to bad!! People slag it but I'd rather see some lads and girls who look after themselves taking selfeys all say than pissed up lads in football shirts.

Each to there own.

Back